OTA update?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Who's still on 2.1? I think its just the official 2.2.1 update. The leak just dropped so that is more likely I would think if any update us coming. The full sbf just dropped too so its around the bend.

Sent from my DROIDX

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I call BS. With the droid X if there is a update you can download it manually with the phone and not wait for verizon to push it.

derpudel

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, all I know is this: There was a notification on my X this morning that I had an "update" available for download. The window said it "improved scrolling, and something >other "fixes". It gave me the option to download now or "Later". I clicked on "Later". When I went into settings>about phone>system update it just did the same old "checking for updates" and then told me that my system was "up to date". So, I have NO clue what this what about????
Oh, and I'm running the OTA 2.2 (rooted), but with no ROMS or anything else...just the regular 2.2, nothing leaked...

I read a post from Droid Life, saying that Gingerbead will be released this Monday Dec. 6 (rumor from Notion Ink).

I don't want to lose root...and don't really want to install the leaked new build from TBH. Those files are down, anyway. I did dl the leaked Full SBF for the new build, however. Not sure why...just in case, I guess I do decide to mod.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm just rooted too but on stock froyo , so far all I have done this time is OC, and used TBpro to freeze some of the vzw bloatware.I messed up once and bricked x so going a little slower this time :p

But I haven't seen any sign of a official maintainance update to froyo on mine either

Sent using TaPaTaLk

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Who's still on 2.1? I think its just the official 2.2.1 update. The leak just dropped so that is more likely I would think if any update us coming. The full sbf just dropped too so its around the bend.

Sent from my DROIDX

his signature said he was on 2.1 so I thought he went back or never upgraded but I see he has changed it now

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
This tends to be a decent forum, but I have noticed a lot of jerks online. A person asks a question, and he gets accused of BS'ing or is told to GTFO if he does not have photos. With his post count he appears not to be a troll.

So, why all accusations? Or is it you guys (and/or gals) when you cannot give a legitimate answer to a question, you just start shouting down the original poster?

Personally, it appears from reading other forums, this one by no doubt has some of the biggest group of losers.

It sure will make many people ask their question(s) on another forum.

Before you start blasting me, I will not be checking in on this forum any longer. So, blast away; as soon as this is posted, I am officially off this forum.

Reactions: Kupe

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the internet. Even though you "won't be checking back again", let me explain. People CONSTANTLY fake this type of thing to get a rise out of the community. They Photoshop things, and often just outright make up lies. Go ahead and believe everything you in regards to these matters without any doubt. Fine by me, but you are going to CONSTANTLY find yourself sorely dissapointed.

Cliffs: The boy has cried wolf too many times.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey, folks. Let's all calm down just a tad. People get old updates all the time, without realizing that it's an old update. And you experienced members should have a little more patience and understanding. Now simmer down. :p

derpudel

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I am simply amazed at how my asking a very simple question about a puzzling update event to my phone the other morning has solicited so much doubt about me as a member of this forum. I come here to seek information, not start trouble. Please be advised that I am not a troll. I am a 62 yrs. old grandmother, female, and really love gadgets and technology. I didn't post any screen shots of this update event because there wasn't anything to take after I selected "Later". It just went "poof" and never came back. Weirdness.

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My apologies as it looks like you may have gotten an early stab at the new OTA update. However, do understand that I get tired of the constant rumor mills surrounding these things, and I am less than optimistic when someone starts the next round of speculation. Cheers on getting 2.2.1 though. It only took 3 months...

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Please be respectful to other members everybody, that's all we ask.

As we know now, there is a maintenance update being pushed out to Droid X users gradually. I understand sometimes the rumor mill can make you skeptical, but don't jump all over it or the member right out of the gate.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah these updates come for some and not for others. You have to think there are quite a few devices out there. Total number I have no idea. It isnt unfounded for some people to inherently call shinnanigans in cases like this. You guys hear of the Cry Wolf phenom?

But as members of Android Central is it up to us to set a standard. If not only a standard for this forum. If you have a problem with someone asking a question just take a minute to scream into a pillow or something. No need to jump someones case just because YOU think they are trolling. If you think they are trolling...dont feed the troll.

As far as the update. The post above and or an old update is the likely situation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2