1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,915 Global Posts

Default Looking for Fix - Bluetooth Turns Off Immediately

Had no problem with bluetooth prior, but then paired up my DX with Jabra Cruiser2 last night. Worked for a few seconds and then lost the connection. Status showed as paired but not connected. I turned off Bluetooth and then turned it back on, it would show as "on" for about 3 seconds and then immediately turn back off. I powered on/off and still have problem. I did a battery pull and that didn't fix it either. Anyone have ideas on why DX is now turning bluetooth off immediately after turning it on?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    1,915 Global Posts

Ended up do a factory reset. Everything restored now and bluetooth is now working once again. Hopefully not something I need to do regularly to restore bluetooth or other functionality of the DX.....

Default Re: Looking for Fix - Bluetooth Turns Off Immediately

Quote Originally Posted by bob61 View Post
    Ended up do a factory reset. Everything restored now and bluetooth is now working once again. Hopefully not something I need to do regularly to restore bluetooth or other functionality of the DX.....

I had this same issue and did the same to fix it. I did a factory reset. Now 2 months have passed and I am having the same issue again. I cant keep doing hard resets every time my bluetooth decides not to work. Is there a fix out there for this issue? Can anyone help me. Im also on PPCGeeks under the same name madcowmilau.
    Can someone please help me?

How do you do a factory reset on the bluetooth?

factory reset the droid x
    see hard reset in my list

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2
    [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .APK to root
    I have verified it works with these Motorola devices running android 2.3.4
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)