Available Now: Droid X 2.3.340 Update Discussion (Not Gingerbread!)

jskoland

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I give up. this is really ticking me off. The file is on the root of my sdcard it is named update.zip heck I even retyped it so I made sure there was no hidden space or whatever. the dang file is named update.zip. I even went as far as checking the box install from unknown sources. I continue to get Installing Update... assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/shadow_vzw/cdma_shadow/shadow:2.2/VZW/23.15:user/ota-rel-keys.release-keys" || file_getprop("/system/build.prop". ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/shadow_vzw/cdma_shadow/shadow:2.2.1/VZW/23.340:user/ota-rel-keys.release-keys"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

BrianTX

Jul 23, 2010
plus.google.com
Do we need to worry about kernel numbers matching between those who went .320>.340 versus those who went .15(1)>.340? I went from .320>.340 and I don't think I have the same kernel from what I've seen of others' screen shots.

CAP201012091624.jpg

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure you've seen their laundry lists of changes and fixes, so I won't touch that, but from personal observation, I have confirmed a few improvements so far.

1. They fixed the annoying problem where the text editor jammed special characters, like comma, colon, hyphen, etc. immediately next to the last alpha character. It's a small thing but I'm sure glad to see that one gone.

THANK GOD. That was so veryyyy annoying. I thought Motorola had convinced themselves that that was the right way for special characters to be inserted lol. So happy they fixed this issue.

mp0890

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/app/Gmail.apk", a bunch of letters and numbers")
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

OTA Froyo, rooted.
Can anyone make since of this

Lonman06

Oct 29, 2010
lonman06.com
Can someone please lend a hand. I have installed the newest update and ran the Z4 foot app. I click on permanent root and it runs a few things and then reboots the phone. Problem is it keeps going into clockworkmod recovery and then I have to click to reboot the phone and the root doesn't work.

I have uninstalled bootstrap but am still getting this start up screen. Is there anything I can do to get past these screen and just reboot the normal way so I can get root?

SlvrTrd

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
My X was originally rooted using Dark Onions DO ROOT program through the sdk. I installed the update while rooted and lost root and then tried using Z4 root version 1.3. and it will not root my phone I even tried a data reset on the phone and still no luck. When I run z4 it looks like it is working and then reboots and it is still not rooted.

Has anyone tried Dark Onions DO ROOT program to see if it can root .340 ?

dagodpapa

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I give up. this is really ticking me off. The file is on the root of my sdcard it is named update.zip heck I even retyped it so I made sure there was no hidden space or whatever. the dang file is named update.zip. I even went as far as checking the box install from unknown sources. I continue to get Installing Update... assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/shadow_vzw/cdma_shadow/shadow:2.2/VZW/23.15:user/ota-rel-keys.release-keys" || file_getprop("/system/build.prop". ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/shadow_vzw/cdma_shadow/shadow:2.2.1/VZW/23.340:user/ota-rel-keys.release-keys"
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

I'm getting the same exact error. From what I've been reading on other forums, I have a feeling the users with version 2.3.151 will get a sort of "modified" update to 2.3.340

mikentammy610

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Only thing that fixed my build prop errors when trying to install update was to sbf to 2.2 ota wipe data/cache then install update via stock motorola recovery mode. I was manually rooted and manually deodexed as well as running beasley buildprops and other tweaks. I had not flashed a rom yet though. I then used z4 root which took forever you have to be patient and let it run, it rebooted I installed bootstrap recovery and everything is good. I am manually installing all apps back instead of using titanium recovery to avoid any problems..

IT LOOKS LIKE SBF MAY BE THE ONLY WAY FOR SOME TO GET THE UPDATE TO WORK, UNLESS YOU USE A ROM THAT HAS IT ALREADY IN..

rreygaert

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not really sure what I did wrong. I haven't go the update yet and when I go to system update it says I am up to date. I havent rooted my phone. I put some music on it but I don't think that would do anything. Sorry if I sound like a noob i have only had my X for a week

ross8428

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Cant update to 2.3.340, any ideas?

I have been looking and unable to find any results...

Last night I downloaded the update.zip file, tried to run it. Got a bunch of errors. Remember I was rooted and had froze bloat. Went back, unfroze, unrooted, same thing. Kept getting status 7 errors.

Then I decided to just factory reset and try. Same thing, status 7 error. Then after more reading, found the 928 22 OTA odexed. Installed that with the bootstrap recovery. Tried again, same thing. The error spits out a bunch of numbers (an md5 sum, apparently), and says status 7, error on sd/update.

The exact error is: assert failed: apply-patch-check ("/system/bin/debuggerd" . "long numbers" . "long numbers") e:error in sdcard/update.zip. status 7. aborted.

Any ideas? I have about given up, because the phone was fine already, but I just wanted to update it if I could.

I do not really want to go to all the hassle of doing the SBF because I really do not care to mess up and brick this phone. So I can just run the 2.3.15 that I have already, just some of the fixes would be nice to have. :)

I have searched the net, and I cannot find anything. Any help would be much appreciated!

mossyoak

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm not really sure what I did wrong. I haven't go the update yet and when I go to system update it says I am up to date. I havent rooted my phone. I put some music on it but I don't think that would do anything. Sorry if I sound like a noob i have only had my X for a week

Dont feel bad I have had my X since almost launch and I too can not get the update. Everytime I check is says im up to date. I have tried over wifi and 3G, i have rebooted, *228 option 2, and nothing works. I guess im just the red headed step child and nobody likes me :(

J T M

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

Dont feel bad I have had my X since almost launch and I too can not get the update. Everytime I check is says im up to date. I have tried over wifi and 3G, i have rebooted, *228 option 2, and nothing works. I guess im just the red headed step child and nobody likes me :(

The update has been pulled. You can install it manually, or wait for it to be made available to the masses.

rpackfan

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My buddy at work has gotten this update...but I have not yet? Hopefully soon!! Anyways...he said that in just a day or two he has seen a noticeable increase in battery life!!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Did you take the update.zip file from downloads and move it directly to the SD card?
The directory should look like this......sd card/update.zip
Use Astro if you have it and move the file if you haven't done so.
You could also try re-downloading the file.

tony9631

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Droid X Software Update Problems

I have a refurbished Droid X. Not Rooted. I have the Version 2.3.151 and when i try to update it, it says aborted. What can I do? I'm thinking I need to put the 2.3.15 software back on the phone before it will update to the 2.3.340? Any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2