1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default Inaccurate GPS signal

Starting today, my Droid X says I'm in Libertyville, IL when in fact I'm in the Bay Area in northern CA. But here's the kicker...All my GPS apps (like the stock weather widget and Poynt) say I'm in Libertyville, but Google Maps will open up in Libertyville but quickly switch to where I'm actually at in CA (other apps still say Libertyville though)!

Am I the only one with this problem? I've powered off, didn't work, battery pulled, didn't work. I haven't installed anything around the time it failed.

I'm running Froyo (of course) and un-rooted.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread 2.3.3 rooted

Try using the app called gps status you can use it to reset the gps state.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Thanks for the tip...before doing that, I thought I would go ahead and turn off the GPS and turn it back on. For some reason, that worked. I would've thought powering off our a battery pull would've done the same thing.

All is good.
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

Did you calibrate your compass? Settings> Location & Security Settings > calibrate Compass. You have to rotate the X in multiple directions OUTSIDE (don't do inside, won't work) during the setting process. Takes couple of minutes until the drawing turns green. There's a thread on the frustrations of waiting for the drawing to change color, but just keep rotating, rotating, rotating until it does. This should take care of your issue.
    Always learning ...

Hey folks,

Thanks for the great discussion! I'm glad that the GPS issue is resolved, beckerfj.

Please feel free to contact our online helpdesk (support@mypoynt.com) if you have any other comments or questions about Poynt for your Android device!

-Don @ Poynt Support