Sending photos takes over an hour or more?

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
My wife has a Droid X and almost every time she sends me a photo it takes close to or over an hour regardless (MMS or email). She says she selects "Share" then email. It's not the size of the photo but something is preventing her phone from actually uploading the attachment to gmail in a timely manner.

I've done a wee bit of research and some other folks are saying something about changing the default mail app because the default mail app seems to be putting that task in the background? She has her gmail account (part of my gmail for domains).

I'm not too familiar with how the Droid sends. I'm a BB user so the way BB's do it is different as you use the same mail app but with different accounts.

Anyway does anyone have any tips or tweaks I can do to her Droid X?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
From another thread comes the information that to mms a video, it has to be in the QVGA resolution format (note: note just VGA) and 1 minute max length. I tried it, and it DOES work.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
My evo takes s big chunk of time to send pics at times, but mms is near instant. I'm curious about this as well.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I send pics from my x to the wife's x all the time (and vice versa). No problems at all. Goes through quickly. We both use the default mail app. I'm also using my own domain name through Google apps.

Is there a 3G signal, or something slower? Could there be signal issues?

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had issues sending pics through GMail where they just sit in the outbox. A reboot usually jolts them into moving. Not the ideal solution, but it works.

I've never had problems sending through MMS.

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I send pics from my x to the wife's x all the time (and vice versa). No problems at all. Goes through quickly. We both use the default mail app. I'm also using my own domain name through Google apps.

Is there a 3G signal, or something slower? Could there be signal issues?

It's not an issue with connectivity. This happens all the time, even at the house with WiFi. We have 15 Mbit down and 1 Mbit up broadband. And my BB Torch has not issues over 3G or WiFi.

How do you change which mail app the Droid X uses to send photos? And I'm a bit confused on the "mail apps". We use a custom domain via gmail for domains which is what she uses to send email and the same for her photos.

coltsbr

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
When I send a pic I just got in to text message and insert a picture and it goes right through everytime in about 5 sec or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol