Issues AFTER 2.3.340 Update!!!

JDRiggs

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the following problems. Anyone else seeing this??

My DLNA icon is gone. Can't find the app or anything. Thought we were supposed to pick up ability to connect to XBOX but it's completely gone now.

When I am texting the words in the text box are partially obscured by something on top of it while I'm typing. When I hit send the text is completely visible but not when typing? Driving me crazy!!!

Anybody have any ideas???

papadonna

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I still have my icon but I have not checked to see if its working on my xbox. I really hoped they fixed the issue I was having with the music playback pausing randomly and constantly! Glad you reminded me but I cant check until I get off work:(

Pull your battery maybe....there are links out there for the update.zip - download and see if it will let you run it again. Sounds stupid but I cant think of any better solutions!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the following problems. Anyone else seeing this??

My DLNA icon is gone. Can't find the app or anything. Thought we were supposed to pick up ability to connect to XBOX but it's completely gone now.

When I am texting the words in the text box are partially obscured by something on top of it while I'm typing. When I hit send the text is completely visible but not when typing? Driving me crazy!!!

Anybody have any ideas???

This still proves my thoughts about doing updates, I still believed that updates should be done over a clear install and device should be hard reset before doing any os updates, the updates are tested on the stock build configuration and other apps can easily cause issues... I backup and wipe before and OS updates and this usually minimize any issues..

Try install the apk for Droid X DLNA and see if it can fix the issue.

Last edited:

JDRiggs

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
alright, let me display my newbie credentials. I was a windows mobile guy and palm guy for years and years. New to Android.

How do you do install an apk for the DLNA

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
alright, let me display my newbie credentials. I was a windows mobile guy and palm guy for years and years. New to Android.

How do you do install an apk for the DLNA

Basicaly all you have to do is go to Settings > Applications > Check Unknown Sources and then click on downloaded apk and you should have option to install or override if already installed, it isnt that much diffrent than installing cabs on WM.

racinwarrior

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Download it to your SD card. Then just find it and click on it. Alternatively you can use the android central side load wonder machine

CanOfBees

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
i don't really think this qualifies as an issue, but i find it a bit annoying:

the dialer is showing my most recent call. anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of that?

JDRiggs

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
The recent call thing is one of the improvements.

Hey, I did settings/applications/check unknown sources

I can't find anything to click on that says downloaded apk

I did go to Manage Applications/All

went down to DLNA and it is 0 bytes and is greyed out.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
ah... well, may i should look into a third party dialer.

thanks!

Keep in mind, it doesn't JUST show the last call, once you start typing in a number it will display potential contacts with the same number that you typed. Play around with it, you might like it. Coming from WinMo phones, this is a welcome addition.

Reactions: CanOfBees

CanOfBees

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
@bravozero

thanks for the tip. i don't typically dial numbers - most of the people i call fit in the first 9 numbers on my speed dial.... ( i'm not sure if that's a :) or a :( ). i'll keep fiddling with it & see how i like the new feature(s).

cheers!

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Post-update, I seem to have lost some apps that were on my SD card (Google Sky Map and Angry Birds). I reinstalled them from the Market, and they are back with settings intact. Anybody else notice anything like that?

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Post-update, I seem to have lost some apps that were on my SD card (Google Sky Map and Angry Birds). I reinstalled them from the Market, and they are back with settings intact. Anybody else notice anything like that?

That's weird. No, the apps that were on my SD card before the update are still there after.

And you didn't lose any progress from Angry Birds? That's good.