How to remove PIN to unlock screen

darthdad

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded today to 2.2.1 and no issues other than I now get prompted for a PIN to unlock my screen. I upgraded from the non Froyo original shipping OS and never had this before. I go to Settings>Location & Security>Change Screen Lock to disable the PIN but the None option is grayed out and says disabled by remote phone administrator. I sync to an Exchange server and didn't know if this is my issue. I noticed the change logs for 2.2.1 update said something about enhanced Exchange support. I hate this extra process and want it removed. Anything I can do?

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
This would likely be due to the IT proticols for the exchange server. I know there is at least one app that can remove this but I can't remember the name off hand. I'll see if I can find it.

brogansrun

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Try going to settings-Security and then loom for select device administrators. Untick exchange and this should fix it. This adds security to features on the phone

psantos

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
try this

It's due to the exchange IT policy, I have the same problem. Download elixir. It has a lock on/off toggle that works for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech