Phone is lagging way too much

Stang04GT

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
For the past couple of days my droid x has been getting very laggy. I have done numerous restarts and it is good for a few hours then becomes laggy once again. Today the battery went to down to 40% after 2 hours off the charger. I didn't make any calls, only like 30 or so text messages and I loaded up 2 webpages. I hate to say it but my blackberry storm 2 never became this laggy so quick. I have uninstalled any app tat I hve downloaded the past week but that didn't help any. What can I do to fix this?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Even tho I haven't noticed lag , I like keeping OS operating smooth ,cache cleaner looks user friendly so gunno test it too

Sent using TaPaTaLk

chuklm3

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
ok, so this is my issue. Rooted phone a few days ago, great. Did the update yesterday, alright. Phone has been lagging like crazy. And the superuser permissions that I had set up on OverClocking and SetCPU are gone and the apps are READ ONLY. So I'm stuck. Do I Unroot then root, or just root it again?

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes a bad file/filesystem on your memory card can cause a boatload of problems/lag/freezing/reboots.

If you have a spare micro sd card, you can put it in your device and see if the problem goes away, if you don't have a spare card, take the sd card out of the device and see if the problem(s) go away with the card removed.

If the problem seems to be the card, then back up your files from your original card to your PC and reformat the card in the device. Then move your folders/files back to your card starting with the essential folders/files first, then test. Continue to restore files/folders back to your card until you find a bad file, or all the files are back on the card.

ich00#AC

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the same problems. I thought it was the ROM i was running, SBF'd to get the update applied correctly, and am still having the lag issues, and at this point I'm running 100% stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles