New to the X

travis4380

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Well I got the droid the day it came out in November '09. I took the plunge yesterday and upgraded to the Droid X and with the bogo sale verizon is doing I got the my wife a droid 2 global.

I am so glad I switched, I love this phone. Still trying to figure some stuff out because of it having the motoblur which my frist droid didn't have.

Happy Holidays

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand what is so bad about moto blur. It doesn't bother me one bit. Actually, it seems less intrysive than the HTC Sense UI. To the OP, I'm. Glad to hear that you got a Droid X. It is an absolutely incredible device. I love mine.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand what is so bad about moto blur. It doesn't bother me one bit. Actually, it seems less intrysive than the HTC Sense UI. To the OP, I'm. Glad to hear that you got a Droid X. It is an absolutely incredible device. I love mine.

I have to agree I do not have any issues at all with the Blur interface. Coming from an HTC this scaled down version of blur is a welcome. The OP will greatly enjoy the DX as it's one of the best devices on the market...

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree I do not have any issues at all with the Blur interface. Coming from an HTC this scaled down version of blur is a welcome. The OP will greatly enjoy the DX as it's one of the best devices on the market...

My issues blur are 3 fold.
1. It's REALLY slow. When/If you go the route of rooting and custom roms you will NOT go back. I run rubix 1.9 and my phone screams. For some though, rooting just isn't their thing. That's fine, LauncherPro is a good solution in that case. It will make your phone more responsive when you are in the home screens and the app drawer.

2. The bloatware that comes with blur is annoying and it does slow your phone down and it does take up space.

3. I would be much more tolerant of blur if they let me unlock the bootloader. I get moto/vzw wanna brand their products but let me un-brand something I own. Dell doesn't prevent me from putting Ubuntu or even Hackintosh on my laptop, why is OK for Motorola to try to stop me?

I'm a little bit idealistic, I know, and all that that being said, I would still love my DX if it still had blur, I just love it more now that it doesn't.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I got my Droid about a month ago and used my official Verizon upgrade to get the X. Got it today actually. awesome device!

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I've had my dx for about seaven days and its by far the best phone I've owned and I've had a lot. I like moto blur enough to not have a reason to use launcherpro that I do have installed. Maybe someday but im very happy with it and had no problems with it at all. Seems to run very smooth for me. In fact I used it for about an hour and found that I used the motto blur widgets and tried to make it look like the stock motto home. So don't need to use launcherpro.