Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Updated when rooted

My 3 year old hit the yes to update. I had been saying no until I unrooted. Then I was going to update. How bad of a situation am I in?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I didn't unroot before I updated & everything went fine. As long as you didn't make any major system changes without putting them back first, you should have no problems.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Yea if not on a rom you will be ok. Root don't matter.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Odd... I'm rooted, no custom ROM, but the update fails at install every time. I even went ahead and did a factory data reset which did not un-root, but still no update...

Did you delete any of the apps that were preinstalled on the phone? If so, you will need to reload them before the ota will install.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

That's the issue. I removed that g-d blockbuster app, I think City ID too. The big oops is that I think I blew up the Titanium Backup folder. I'm pretty much hosed at this point...?

You just need to flash back to the stock sbf and then you can update. There are links for it in the hack forums.
    Thanked by:
    rb68 

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Thanks. I'll do a search on how to do that.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I had only rooted and that is it. So sounds like I am ok.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

My update worked without a hitch. Just thought I had read I needed to unroot before updating.