Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question My Droid X won't turn on! Help! :(

Okay so I just got a brand new droid x from verizon no more than 48 hours ago. I have nothing on it and barely got to play with it because today I woke up to find it was completely dead! I updated it yesterday when it asked me to... I just clicked yes and it was fine... so then I put it on the charger last night, but it wont turn on when I hold the power button! The green light comes on so I know its charging/charged. The only thing that happens when I press the power button is that sometimes little white words will flash on the screen saying "Low Battery"... I'm just a little noob.. help me out? what do I do?

not to worry, there is a way out! i would take your battery out and just clean the little metal contacts with a pencil eraser first. then put it back in and let it sit on the charger for a good couple hours then try again. you can also go to the store and tell them the battery was on the charger but still wont work and maybe they'll give you a new battery on the spot. good luck!

also, have you tried turning on the phone while it's plugged into the wall?
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Weird. Pull the battery and put it back in. Then hold down home key and while holding that down hold down power. When a little android guy and a! Shows up let go. Then hit search key. It should have reboot on top. Click camera button to reboot. Maybe a reboot will help. If not do same steps only this time using the vol keys select wipe cache when that's done select wipe factory reset then reboot again. Hope that helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by RemmyZero View Post
    not to worry, there is a way out! i would take your battery out and just clean the little metal contacts with a pencil eraser first. then put it back in and let it sit on the charger for a good couple hours then try again. you can also go to the store and tell them the battery was on the charger but still wont work and maybe they'll give you a new battery on the spot. good luck!

Try the cleaning first before what I said.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by RemmyZero View Post

Okay so I cleaned it and tried it while it was plugged in to the wall and to plugged into my computer... nothing! I don't even get the flashing white words anymore. Is it a software problem or the battery problem do you think?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by tntdroid View Post
    Weird. Pull the battery and put it back in. Then hold down home key and while holding that down hold down power. When a little android guy and a! Shows up let go. Then hit search key. It should have reboot on top. Click camera button to reboot. Maybe a reboot will help. If not do same steps only this time using the vol keys select wipe cache when that's done select wipe factory reset then reboot again. Hope that helps.

None of this is working for me I'm getting nothing... not even the little android guy.

ummmmm....take it back to verizon and ask for a new phone. not that hard.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

The white flashing letters that pop up are along the left side of the screen and they say:

Bootlader

Battery Low
    Cannot Program

yeah thats weird. maybe the battery really is defective and not holding a charge. bring it back and ask for another battery and if they do that it should work right away otherwise they will overnight you a new phone. sorry hon.
    Thanked by:

the battery for sure that is why it keep going into bootloader mode it will not load your rom because of the battery being in bad shape

Don't fret....Take it back!! They will give you a new battery!

Quote Originally Posted by tntdroid View Post

I have the DROID x and I updated my phone just a little bit ago and now when I turn it on im stuck at the Motorola logo and when I do the hold power and home buttons the screen goes black then I saw somewhere to hold the volume buttons in and it brings up bootloader 30.04 is there any way to get to the recovery screen from this need help asap please

Default Re: My Droid X won't turn on! Help! :(

my motorola droid x will not charge when i put it on the charger it goes straight to the motorola symbol and wont turn on or charge what should i do please help really need to get my phone working

is phone rooted/rom'd?

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2
    [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .APK to root
    I have verified it works with these Motorola devices running android 2.3.4
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)

Remove the battery and take out the memory chip/card. Put the battery back in and it should start up and start accepting a charge too. After it has some charge, put the chip back in and carry on as normal.

I just fixed my moto x with the same issue. It died and was not turning on or charging with the usb hooked up to a laptop overnight.

The fix:
    I plugged it into a powered USB hub, which obviously sent it enough juice, because it powered on in minutes. No need to remove the battery or anything.