Just got my Droid X....

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
and when I got home from the VZW store I plugged in the phone to charge it. This is probably a dumb question, but excuse me I am new to smartphones and this is my first one.
Doesn't the Droid X show any battery symbol or anything when charging to see how far it's gotten? Or does it show something when fully charged? I noticed when I plugged the phone in to charge it showed a symbol of a battery and said 70%. I've had it plugged in for about an hour and nothing is showing on the screen. I coming from an LG Dare and when charging it would show a battery symbol and flashing when completely finished. I have yet to see anything on the Droid X since first plugging it in. Appreciate any help, I'm a newbie. LOL.
I'm a bit overwhelmed since getting it. I've been reading the forum for a few months and have learned a lot, but don't understand a lot too. I can't wait to start Using it. Just did a call to hear the quality and the loudness of ringtone.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
and when I got home from the VZW store I plugged in the phone to charge it. This is probably a dumb question, but excuse me I am new to smartphones and this is my first one.
Doesn't the Droid X show any battery symbol or anything when charging to see how far it's gotten? Or does it show something when fully charged? I noticed when I plugged the phone in to charge it showed a symbol of a battery and said 70%. I've had it plugged in for about an hour and nothing is showing on the screen. I coming from an LG Dare and when charging it would show a battery symbol and flashing when completely finished. I have yet to see anything on the Droid X since first plugging it in. Appreciate any help, I'm a newbie. LOL.
I'm a bit overwhelmed since getting it. I've been reading the forum for a few months and have learned a lot, but don't understand a lot too. I can't wait to start Using it. Just did a call to hear the quality and the loudness of ringtone.

unplug it and it will show you where it stands , also you can try going to the market and downloading battery widget from someone like popsoft and it will display % on the screen

Reactions: Andy847

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Press the Home button or the Power button (top of the phone) to wake it up and it will display the lock screen which, as mentioned above, shows the percent charge.

Reactions: Andy847

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
+1 to the advice above.

Also, know that you don't have to run your battery all the way down before recharging. This battery is such that you can't overcharge it and it won't be hurt by keeping it charged up.

Not like in the "old days" when you had to run a battery down completely in order for it to hold a good charge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz