Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Question Facebook Update Chat Problem

So now that the new update is here which as added chat and push notifications i have enabled the sounds! So my problem is whenever i get a message or FR or anything else I get the notification sound but whenever i get a chat message i get No notification and can not figure out how to turn that on as there is no setting for chat!

anybody else have this problem? or a fix?

If you are chatting online should you get a notification? Don't you have to be actively in the app to use the feature?
    SYL

ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.1

I get notifications in the notification bar… but no sounds, despite my efforts to get that working. Probably just a bug. Wait a few days and Facebook should fix it

I get those notification, the only thing I can think of is to turn up your volume and make sure your notifications us turned on...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

all notifications are on and all vol features for everything are as high as they go! i get the task bar notification but no sound!

Yeah..the new update for FB Android is not working for me either. Chat won't load...well..it's says loading..but it will not.

EVO4G
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skbgiants View Post
    Yeah..the new update for FB Android is not working for me either. Chat won't load...well..it's says loading..but it will not.

EVO4G
    mine did that too at first then i pulled my battery and let everything boot back up and it woked without a problem

I'm not getting any notifications on my X. I have batt pulled and full reset and nothing.. Nothing in the notification bar or alert..

I'm not getting my notifications either.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    SYL

ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.1

I wouldn't know, but you could try resetting the Facebook app cache and data

I'm not getting any push notifications either. I thought push was automatic. It still only shows refresh intervals in settings. How do I turn push notifications on, not for chat but for regular notifications?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

When you open the FB App go to your settings and make sure that all notification boxes are check, after that you need to assign it a tone as it is set to default silent. Mine still is on 1hr refresh but i get the notifications instantly as they get posted.

Hope this help!

Quote Originally Posted by mossyoak View Post
    When you open the FB App go to your settings and make sure that all notification boxes are check, after that you need to assign it a tone as it is set to default silent. Mine still is on 1hr refresh but i get the notifications instantly as they get posted.

Hope this help!
    WTF.. I have done everything and still no Notifications on my DX...

i get the push notifications, AND the email to my gmail account (the one associated with facebook) i wish it would just interact with your email, and give you 1 notification like my old FB for BB used to do. Wishful thinking i guess... at least there are push notifications. I now changed my notification settings in the web version not to email me anymore... hope this solves the duplicates
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbororats View Post
    i get the push notifications, AND the email to my gmail account (the one associated with facebook) i wish it would just interact with your email, and give you 1 notification like my old FB for BB used to do. Wishful thinking i guess... at least there are push notifications. I now changed my notification settings in the web version not to email me anymore... hope this solves the duplicates
    you could have just turned off the notifications on the FB app if you wanted to get them as an email. It will still send it to your email even with the notifications turned off.

Global Posts
    1,828 Global Posts

I'm not getting push notifications on my DX, either. I was so excited for this, too.

FB Updated fine on my DX and chat worked great and fast, the only prob is my phone got warmer than norm and i wasn't OC'd at eh time and my batt went from 30% to dead in less than 15minutes on an extended batt.

Anyone else had similar issues?

I had the same issue and when I checked what ringtone I had it set under it was "Silent" as default.

I guess this is hit or miss on the DX's. I got a question. Are any of you that are getting the notifications running Launcher pro or ADW or anythink like this? I have LP.

I have Launcher Pro and I have not gotten any push notifications.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Are any of you with the problem running custom ROMs? Are you having issues with any other notifications?

Hmm I wonder if those of us using LP plus are the ones with DX not getting push notifications. I tried clearing facebook cache and data then unistalled and reinstalled and even added the widget and still not push notifications (I am still getting them through F+). Hmm I wonder if LP is interferring with it, I may try removing my LP facebook widget and see what happens.
    Bye bye S1 hello Droid X

Quote Originally Posted by Sturta View Post
    Are any of you with the problem running custom ROMs? Are you having issues with any other notifications?
    Quote Originally Posted by stacyadell View Post
    Hmm I wonder if those of us using LP plus are the ones with DX not getting push notifications. I tried clearing facebook cache and data then unistalled and reinstalled and even added the widget and still not push notifications (I am still getting them through F+). Hmm I wonder if LP is interferring with it, I may try removing my LP facebook widget and see what happens.
    I am not running any custom roms. I am however running LP.
    I have deleted LP and the problem of no notifications remain?.?.I have sent myself numerous post, wall post, private messages, invites, all from my wifes account to me and still nothing!
    i have also done a full reset and not added any other apps to the phone and the problem remains?
    It is weird and upsetting that some DX's work and others dont..

((((((I have noticed another strange thing))))) Maybe others can check that are not getting notifications.. When i am on the mobile ver. of facebook, if you scroll all the way down to the bottom. It tells me "DOWNLOAD Facebook for your Magic"...... This used to say "Download Facebook for your Droid X.... Does anyone else see this? This may be causing a problem..... I dont have a Magic, i have a Droid X damnit!!!!
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

I am not running any roms or LP im am facotry 2.2 w/ update. My notifications are working grat just the chat has no sound and all other notifactions are working fine.

I did notice yesterday to when on the moile ver it does say donwload for magic... magic seriously???? what is magic?? mine as well says that southernsaltine!!! not sure on what that is

I have noticed this with Facebook, too. I get push notifications randomly. Maybe Facebook is just having trouble and it will all get ironed out soon.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast