Can you retrieve items from the trash?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got my X a earlier today. It's taking some getting use to the touch sensitivity. I was on the 2nd screen where the Contacts are at the top and I made some errors with two of them when assigning a contact to them. I didn't know what to do, so I just dragged them to the trash at the bottom of the screen.
I can't seem to find any way of getting new ones on the screen or to get my friends on other than the favorites option, but that puts in a different screen, not the screen where they show the 4 contact icons on the top. Is there a way to copy that icon or like I said, retrieve the ones I deleted from the trash to put back on 2nd home screen.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I just got my X a earlier today. It's taking some getting use to the touch sensitivity. I was on the 2nd screen where the Contacts are at the top and I made some errors with two of them when assigning a contact to them. I didn't know what to do, so I just dragged them to the trash at the bottom of the screen.
I can't seem to find any way of getting new ones on the screen or to get my friends on other than the favorites option, but that puts in a different screen, not the screen where they show the 4 contact icons on the top. Is there a way to copy that icon or like I said, retrieve the ones I deleted from the trash to put back on 2nd home screen.

if you hold down the icon till you can move it and drag it to the edge of the screen you will see it will glow then hold it for a second and it will slide into the page you wanted it on.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I may have not been clear enough, I dragged two of the Contact Icons at the top of the 2nd home screen to the trash. I want to get them back or copy the two remaining ones that are there. I think it's the contacts widget at the top of the second home screen when you swipe to the right from the main home screen. The ones you can assign pics of your friends to. I want a quick way to contact my friends without having to go to the favorites at the bottom of the screen and then hit again for the one I want.
Since I moved two of the 4 contact Icons from the top to the trash, I can't seem to find a way to either make a new icon there or copy the ones I have and edit them. I hope that better explains it. Thanks for your input though.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I may have not been clear enough, I dragged two of the Contact Icons at the top of the 2nd home screen to the trash. I want to get them back or copy the two remaining ones that are there. I think it's the contacts widget at the top of the second home screen when you swipe to the right from the main home screen. The ones you can assign pics of your friends to. I want a quick way to contact my friends without having to go to the favorites at the bottom of the screen and then hit again for the one I want.
Since I moved two of the 4 contact Icons from the top to the trash, I can't seem to find a way to either make a new icon there or copy the ones I have and edit them. I hope that better explains it. Thanks for your input though.

well you cant copy and paste widgets but you can add another and reassign it...
to add a widget , from the page you want to add the widget
1. Press Menu hard key, press + Add,
2. Select Motorola Widgets
3. Select the widget by tapping on it to place it on the homescreen, in this case i think its like Contact quick task or something to that effect

Reactions: Andy847

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks DroidXCon, I ended up googling it and found the answer on another forum. I appreciate your help, you got what I was looking for on the second response.:D

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks DroidXCon, I ended up googling it and found the answer on another forum. I appreciate your help, you got what I was looking for on the second response.:D

Sorry i was trying to work and help you at the same time lol. glad you got what you needed. have a good night, let us know if you need anything else.