Can I use Handcent when I have text messaging blocked on my Account?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I've never used text messaging, just never felt the need for it. I thought I read on one of the threads on the forum here that you don't have to pay for texts if you use Handcent or is a workaround for not having to pay for them. Is that true? I have text messaging blocked on my VZW account, due to always recieving texts from people I don't know and getting charged for them. So will having the account blocked for text messaging not allow me to use Handcent?

scandluz22

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure you still need texting unblocked on your account to use handcent. Handcent is a replacement for the stock texting app. I think you can use google voice to text for free though

Reactions: Andy847

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Handcent is just a program, just like the standard text message application that comes on the phone. If texting is blocked on your device, then you cannot send any type of text messages that goes through the wireless network. Google voice might work since it isn't considered text messaging, but I don't know for sure.

scandluz22

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
oh yeah, the only thing about google voice is that you will have to use a new number just for the texts. Not sure if that matters to you or not, but I thought I would let you know

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I kind of gave up on the idea of texting after your first reply, but isn't there supposed to be an Instant Messaging capability on the X? Through yahoo or aim.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I kind of gave up on the idea of texting after your first reply, but isn't there supposed to be an Instant Messaging capability on the X? Through yahoo or aim.

There are a lot of apps for instant messaging in the Market. Check them out. They should all work as long as whoever you are wanting to IM with uses the same program.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Google talk aka talk but other person needs to be using also. Yahoo and aol may use data so that's an option but again the other person needs to be using it also. Text cam go to any cell phone not blocking text

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol