1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Failed OTA update?

What causes an ota to fail installing? Root? Rom? Verizon? Help please!
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

Are you talking about an app download or a system update? If the system update, being rooted if its coming from Verizon is problematical.

If an app download, could be any number of things including a poor connection at the time. If this is the case, try doing a *228 (#2) which will update your roaming capabilities (ie: connect you to the nearest and strongest tower). This might help.

Also, before attempting the download, try a battery pull (battery out 1 minute minimum, back, turn on). Often takes care of misc bugs. If you have been downloading a LOT of apps in a short time, the battery pull should be done along the way and after you are done. This allows the apps to "settle in."
    Always learning ...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yea, I'm talking about a software update. Specifically 2.2.1. I'm rooted, but I also just flashed back from the Fission 2.2.2 rom. It will download 100% but then when it goes to install it gets about 25% and then some sort of error happens.. is there a way to unroot?

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You have to be back at bone Stock for the OTA to install. Rooting did not matter on mine. It installed anyway, it was unrooted after install, but I re-rooted with Z4Root.
    Droid Charge
    There is nothing constant but change.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Red face

I've factory reset AND wiped everything possible from booting into recoverrecovery mode. I'm at a loss here.. I just flashed back from the Fission 2.2.2 rom. Does that help any?

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.1 RC 1.2

you best bet is to un-root and flash the sbf

Here is a link to download RSD Lite and instructions:

Here is the link for the 2.2 sbf:

Once you have it flashed you should be able to install the update via OTA, and root with z4root( ) and install a custom rom again.( http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...ible-roms.html , )

Hope this helps
    Last edited by kentusmc; 12-19-2010 at 01:22 PM.
    Nokia 6xxx >> Motorola i710 >> Motorola Razr >> BB 9000 >> BB 9700 >> Nexus One >> Droid X >> Thunderbolt
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Well I flashed to 2.3.13 successfully but now it's saying that my device is up to date.. I really don't care if I'm on stock verizon or not.. I just want my wifi to work properly..

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

same issue here. I did as KentUSMC said and now it says my phone is up to date which it is not!

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

Nobody?

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

The directions and files to update your boot loader, kernel and system are at my droid world.
    Galaxy Nexus, Droid Charge, Gtab 10.1

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.1 RC 1.2

Ok sorry guys that was the wrong sbf, I was just reposting from earlier threads, oops!

But here is a link to the full 2.3.1.5 sbf, Flash this one and you should be good
    Nokia 6xxx >> Motorola i710 >> Motorola Razr >> BB 9000 >> BB 9700 >> Nexus One >> Droid X >> Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by kentusmc View Post
    here is a link to the full 2.3.1.5 sbf, Flash this one and you should be good

Is there a full 2.3.1.5 sbf that includes the motoblur files???.....or will it be included with an ota update to 2.3.340 after flashing the 2.3.1.5 sbf ???

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

is this last link the actual update? once we flash that we have the latest version?

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.1 RC 1.2

2.3.15 is the last update before .340 flash 2.3.15 then you can do the ota

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

not working. actually i tried running both these SBF links you posted and although they unrooted my phone and reinstalled all the crappy bloatware they say they are version 2.3.13 and they both say that my phone is up to date which it is not.

Atleast before i ran these like you explained it knew i still needed an update.

now im just worse off cus i need to re-root and re-remove the bloatware and i will not be able to update at all!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

There's a full system sbf for 2.3.320 and then a system only sbf for 2.3.340 I flashed the full system one first, then flashed the 2.3.340 The 2.3.13 and 2.3.15 both said that my phone was up to date when it wasn't.

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.1 RC 1.2

I used the 2.3.15 and it worked just fine so...