what is launcher pro

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Is it an app that can be turned on or off. Will it take over stock phone features

it is a User interface replacement. yes it can be turned off by using an app called Home switcher, you will be able to toggle between your stock interface (Motoblur A.K.A Philblur) and the launcher pro interface

Last edited:

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
If you install Launcher Pro (advice: buy Plus version), you will have essentially an operating system to replace your home screens. It is much more customizable and the whole of the X's operations works faster.

DroidXcon is right that you can activate it or deactivate it (returning to the stock home screens) using the free download app Home Switcher. Also, you can designate (with Home Switcher) which launcher is the default.

HOWEVER, you should clear your home screens of everything before you activate the LP+. Otherwise, you will have an X home screen working in the background behind the LP+ screens. Battery drain; potential widget conflicts, and such.

LP+ only controls the home screens, dock and app launcher. That's it.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I never could get my default launcher set using Home Switcher & I tried both versions. I would set whichever launcher as default, but anytime I hit the 'home' physical button it would jump to Launcher Pro even if I had Blur set as default.

I didn't really mind though because I don't want to go back to anything else after getting used to Launcher Pro. Also, to the OP, depending on what you want it to do, the free version of LP may be all you need. All the paid version gives you is his widgets which you may already have free alternatives to.

Sinamn2224

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I could never get home switcher to work. I just use an app called clear default home which is just a shortcut to your default home settings so you can clear it so next time you hit the home button it gives you a choice.

wormeyman

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
If you install Launcher Pro (advice: buy Plus version), you will have essentially an operating system to replace your home screens. It is much more customizable and the whole of the X's operations works faster.

DroidXcon is right that you can activate it or deactivate it (returning to the stock home screens) using the free download app Home Switcher. Also, you can designate (with Home Switcher) which launcher is the default.

HOWEVER, you should clear your home screens of everything before you activate the LP+. Otherwise, you will have an X home screen working in the background behind the LP+ screens. Battery drain; potential widget conflicts, and such.

LP+ only controls the home screens, dock and app launcher. That's it.

Thanks for the tip I quit launcher pro and cleared my blur widgets.

Last edited:

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Crap, I should of known better then to return it after a week of it. Battery would die after 5-7 hours of very light usage. I needed better battery life. I had widgets going in the background with motoblur and then launcherpro with widgets. Oh well, I'll probably wait until Q2 to get a Droid and see whats out there.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Don't despair. I think I installed and uninstalled LP+ at least three times before I was completely confident in its capabilities. It is truly excellent.

Everything runs smoother (if that's possible after the recent update), lots of options and customizations available, and BEST OF ALL ... the rotating dock with 15 icon slots and another 15 swipe slots available. Plus you can have up to 7 home screens and pick which one is your main.... among other things.

Lovin' it.