never received 2.2.340

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
If this has already been asked I do apologize. Has anyone not had the 2.3.340update pushed to their X nor have they been able to pull it? I am rooted by the Z4Root method and I have not deleted or frozen any of the apps Verizon forces on us. So, I do not see why I have not received or been able to pull this update. Is anyone else in the same boat?

mossyoak

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
battery pull.... if not then *228 option 2.... this was a thread a couple days ago and that fixed thier problem... give it a try

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I read a couple of threads that said I did not need to get rid of the root. I would lose the root but I would be able to reroot with Z4 after the update. None the less I did unroot my phone and still no update. I have done plenty of battery pulls. Thanks for the advice.

mossyoak

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
did you try the *228 option 2? the guy told me that the roaming had nothing to do with it then he tried it anyway and it worked for him... just an idea

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I know you said that you haven't deleted or frozen any bloat, but have you made any other changes since rooting your phone like installing any of the update leaks that may have altered the system?

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I know you said that you haven't deleted or frozen any bloat, but have you made any other changes since rooting your phone like installing any of the update leaks that may have altered the system?

No. The only thing I have done with the root is the wireless teather. Nothing else.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
That is really strange then because my phone was essentially no different than yours but I was able to pull the update.

I also rooted using Z4root only to run root apps, including wireless tether, and not make any system changes/remove bloat/flash ROMS/overclock or any of that other nonsense :) .

Maybe you can get Verizon to replace your phone and then just root it after getting your new phone updated to 2.2.1

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
If this has already been asked I do apologize. Has anyone not had the 2.3.340update pushed to their X nor have they been able to pull it? I am rooted by the Z4Root method and I have not deleted or frozen any of the apps Verizon forces on us. So, I do not see why I have not received or been able to pull this update. Is anyone else in the same boat?

I remember a couple weeks ago someone was having the same problems and all they needed to do was disable wifi sycn or something to that effect ill look through my history , hopefully i contributed to that thread and ill have it in my history

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I remember a couple weeks ago someone was having the same problems and all they needed to do was disable wifi sycn or something to that effect ill look through my history , hopefully i contributed to that thread and ill have it in my history

I read the too and tried it. It was not checked off so that was not an issue. Thanks for the help though.

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
That is really strange then because my phone was essentially no different than yours but I was able to pull the update.

I also rooted using Z4root only to run root apps, including wireless tether, and not make any system changes/remove bloat/flash ROMS/overclock or any of that other nonsense :) .

Maybe you can get Verizon to replace your phone and then just root it after getting your new phone updated to 2.2.1

Verizon has already said they would send me a new phone. But the thought of setting up a new phone all over gets me sick. lol At that point I would wait until a Gingerbread phone is available and fight them for that phone. That is how I got my X. lol

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you try un-rooting, reboot and see if it shows up. I know that you shouldn't have to, but if that works, it's easier than setting up a new phone.
And you really did do the *228 option 2? It worked for me.

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you try un-rooting, reboot and see if it shows up. I know that you shouldn't have to, but if that works, it's easier than setting up a new phone.
And you really did do the *228 option 2? It worked for me.

I did unroot and rebooted. I also did the *228 option 2. None of this has worked. I even called Motorola who was useless by just telling me be patient I will get it one fo these days.

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
im with you i havent gotten it yet either but i do have some apps frozen thru titanium other that that im stock and still havent gotten it...ive done 228 2 many times pulled batt many time tried pulling update and it says im up to date but i cant be cuz i still have root

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma