issues with camera app

mtaylor924

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Still relatively new to Android here. Did a search in the forum but I don't see anyone else reporting my particular issue.

Three days ago, the stock camera app on my Droid X stopped working. Whenever I start up the app, the screen starts "blinking" for lack of a better term. It's almost as if the app is force-closing but then reopening itself immediately instead of going back to home screen. It won't let me take pictures, either with the hard button or the shutter icon on screen because it keeps blinking and resetting itself. It won't even hold a location in the upper-left; it says "searching for location" after each blink, even when it manages to get a location before the blink.

I'm running Froyo 2.2.1 (system version 2.3.340) pushed OTA from Verizon a few weeks ago. Rooted for wireless tether, no stock apps frozen or removed.
Also running LauncherPro as Motorola Home replacement.

Tried so far:
-Changed launcher program (tried ADW and stock), no effect
-Removed DCIM folder from SD card, no effect
-Backed up and formatted SD card, no effect
-Rebooted multiple times, including full battery pull, no effect
-Recorded video with camcorder app, works fine
-Downloaded and ran 3rd party camera app, works fine

Based on these last 2 items, it seems this isn't a hardware issue, but is localized to the stock camera app. The only software changes I have seen since the last time I successfully took photos was the silent Market update.

Is it possible to reinstall just the camera app? If so, where can I find it? I would prefer not to wipe or factory reset, as everything else is working properly.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I would wipe data and cache if you want it back. I use vignette as my camera. Its well worth the few bucks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lostandfound