Swype Issue - No space after typing a word.

tysonsnow

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
First of all, yes, my "Auto-spacing" option is checked (set to on).

Anyone having this issue? It is annoying as all get out to have to hit the space bar after using swype to enter a word. I would uninstall / reinstall but I just got my DX yesterday and, frankly, I don't know how to uninstall/reinstall OEM software.

Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone else was having this problem or if anyone knows how to fix it.

Swype version: 1.64.40.9380

tysonsnow

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Yep. It seems like I've used Swype before and I've never had a problem with it. Is there anything you are supposed to do after completing a word to make sure it adds a space?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yep. It seems like I've used Swype before and I've never had a problem with it. Is there anything you are supposed to do after completing a word to make sure it adds a space?

If you look on the Swype forums it looks like alot of people with recent native swype apps have had this problem with no responses on how to fix

tysonsnow

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've looked there. I figured I would check here to see if there might be some other ideas. Of course, with the beta registration back upon, the forums are now down.

ghbishop

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I thought mine was not working too until I noticed that the space is not added until after you start the next word.

Try not entering the space and just go on to the next word and see if your words are spaced out afterwards.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech