Droid X Camera Speed

DMandroid

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I am not at all happy with the delay between pressing the shutter and capturing the image. I tried lowering the MP from 8 to 5 but that didn't help. Anyone know of an app or settings to speed this up? Thanks

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity, what are you comparing to? If it's a DSLR you're pretty much out of luck, that's what DSLRs do.

If it's a crummy camera phone they tend to have pinhole lenses that don't need to focus because they're equally unfocused at any distance :) With these you have faster response times, but you lose a lot of flexibility.

If it's a point and shoot I find the DX to be fairly comparable with the stock app, but you need to realize that it's an autofocus camera. If you focus the camera first it's a fairly quick process, but if you don't focus it can take a while for it to determine what you want to take a picture of. Push the camera button down part way to focus, once you hear the beep you're all set and the time to take the picture should be dramatically shortened.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Try adjusting your settings to match the environment you are shooting photos in. Although auto is convenient it doesn't work well in many situations. Don't be afraid to tweak and try new settings (iso/exposure/picture modes/etc).

The less thinking the camera has to do, the quicker it can respond and the higher quality of shots it can take...

DMandroid

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
It seems to me that both the Droid Incredible and iPhone have much faster cameras. With the iPhone, it pretty much snaps the picture the instant the screen is touched.

Great advice though on changing the settings and allowing the camera to focus. I usually leave the camera on steady shot which may account for some of the delay.

I did try camera 360 per the advice of DroidXCon. I found the picture was taken almost instantaneously like I wanted, but I didn't like the picture quality and uninstalled.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
It seems to me that both the Droid Incredible and iPhone have much faster cameras. With the iPhone, it pretty much snaps the picture the instant the screen is touched.

Great advice though on changing the settings and allowing the camera to focus. I usually leave the camera on steady shot which may account for some of the delay.

I did try camera 360 per the advice of DroidXCon. I found the picture was taken almost instantaneously like I wanted, but I didn't like the picture quality and uninstalled.

you are correct in that the Iphone and DINC snap photos much quicker...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech