pre-installed games on Droid X

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
a girl here at work bought a Droid X from a kiosk at a Target store. two games came with the X:

• Madden NFL
  • Need for Speed: Shift
she uninstalled Need for Speed. d'oh!

does anyone know if those games are recoverable by wiping the phone?

thank you! :)

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Does she WANT it back? If so, I don't think wiping will restore it, but if she (or you) were worried about her ability to get future OTA updates because she removed it, she will.

I removed that game because I thought it sucked when I got my phone with 2.1, I removed it again when it was reinstalled during the 2.2 update, and I would have again if it came with 2.2.1 but it didn't & Madden was instead. Madden is a different story though & she won't be able to remove it unless she roots the phone. NFS Shift didn't require root access to remove, so although it is technically bloat, it isn't the worst kind that VZW refuses to let you remove from the phone.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
She wants Need for Speed back without coughing up the money for it. So, we're wondering if doing a factory reset will bring Need for Speed back.

The fact that you got Need for Speed AGAIN, when you updated to Froyo, leads me to believe she would get the game back.

Anyone?

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
But if she got her phone with Madden preinstalled on it, that means her phone came with 2.2.1 so I don't think resetting the phone would roll her back to 2.2 or that it would even work if she did, but hey...give it a shot, since she just got the phone there wouldn't be a whole lot of stuff she would have to redo to get her phone back where she has it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks