1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Disappointed with camera

Anyone else disappointed with the dx camera?

Switched from incredible which seems to be far superior

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,628 Global Posts

No, actually. The native camera, since the 2.2.1 update, has been functioning quite well. There are other threads on this topic and the general feeling is that the X camera is very good for a cell phone camera, comparable to a point-and-shoot, but less quality than a full bore digital camera.

If you want some more options, there are several good apps (one of which is Vignette). However, since the update, the native camera photo quality is considered better than Vignette's.
    Always learning ...

That's quite the general statement. Coming from an DINC yes the camera functioned a bit differently but I still had to adjust the settings to get the 'perfect shot'. The X is no different. I own a DSLR and can take bad pictures with that however its not the camera's fault.

Try different settings and/or new apps as suggested by Arelunde.

Hopefully, you will find a combination to make the camera a much more enjoyable experience...

I will agree to a point that the camera is jut ok. The picks that I take inside are grainy unless you have really good light. The pics outside come out looking really good. I've had good and bad pics. Most of the good ones are outside. Its the same way with the videos.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes I'm referring to grainy pictures. The dinc took great pictures indoors and outdoors. The x sucks unless it's very good light

No, I find the camera on the X fantastic. Crisp, clear images. Nothing like the quality of Cannon 1ds (portrait photography is my profession), but it is a phone. If you need high end photos, carry around a dedicated camera.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

I think the camera is crappy as soon as you zoom in. As soon as you hit the zoom button once, it drops the megapixels considerably. I dont know if that is the way it is on all cameras but its frustrating not being able to use the zoom.

I've been disappointed with the quality of the camera as well

The camera is a total crap shoot (pun intended). Sometimes the pictures are awesome and sometimes it blurry pixelated hell. And don't even bother with the zoom.
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post

Well, the marketing people have been deceiving people by perpetuating the false premise that more pixels is better.

What is correct is the larger the sensor, the higher the potential to produce quality photos. In the end, though, it still remains the users responsibility to use the camera correctly.

Look at the Iphone..best out there at stock picture quality...5 mgpxls.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

Incredible camera is good but not far superior

I've taken some pictures inside and I don't find them grainy. :S

Global Posts
    10,407 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

The inc loads faster, as most other cell phone cameras. Don't let that hump on the X fool you. The aperture is real. The two seconds load time is annoying. I load my camera, then sleep the phone. I am at the zoo, gardens, whatever. I have done extensive research and threaded this subject. Bottom line, you want instant, get a point and shoot. The X takes phenomenal pics. An X user smoked my sgs and I phone user in a thread I started on another forum (thought my sgs was the best) well, it is the fastest. You think the inc is slick, try the sgs, that camera is so sick fast. Speed aside, the X has great camera hardware, and takes some of the most amazing cell pics I have seen (macro included) long story short, a camera is only a good as your understanding of its tools.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

Just wanted to put this out there, if you are getting grainy pics it could also be due to the zoom. There is only a digital zoom on the X which is not much better than cropping a pic in photo shop. I have taken some great pics with my X, but if I'm looking for high quality, I'll sick with my DSLR.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Not zooming at all. I also realized that the inc focuses better. The x makes me move around to get the focus box to go green

My X takes completely fantastic pictures in "good" bright light and completely horrible pictures in low light settings.

ROM
    Stock

I'm not impressed with the X camera either. My D1 produced alot better quality images compared to that of the X.

As a member previously stated, higher MP doesn't always yield better photos.
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty_82 View Post
    Just wanted to put this out there, if you are getting grainy pics it could also be due to the zoom. There is only a digital zoom on the X which is not much better than cropping a pic in photo shop. I have taken some great pics with my X, but if I'm looking for high quality, I'll sick with my DSLR.
    Its safe to say it will be a VERY long time before a cellphone/multimedia device is even remotely able to challenge a DSLR...
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Even hd video is grainy. And I'm in good light

Sent from my DROIDX
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,628 Global Posts

The zoom is digital, not mechanical. You are taking only a portion of the actual photograph and enlarging it to fill the frame. Thus the low quality level. Better to shoot full frame and then edit later to a cropped portion. Will be much better quality.
    Last edited by Arelunde; 12-23-2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: clarify wording
    Always learning ...
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,628 Global Posts

I have my X settings at 8 mp and HD video. I've taken outstanding video in inside with very low light. I can't complain at all. Since the updates, the camera and video produce quality results ... other than using the digital zoom (mentioned above).
    Always learning ...
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

I keep taking pictures with flash and the flash goes off but the picture is dark like it didn't sync the shutter right

Sent from my DROIDX