Anyone notice a reboot of X after update when plugged into pc

epiphone_74

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My Droid X is set to Mass storage mode... AS soon as the PC recognizes the phone the phone reboots automatically..

In charge only mode it does not and i can still access the card and copy paste files..

I am not Rooted just vanilla 2.2.1 (340)

Any one else notice this??

dcusick1

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I posted this same thing in the issues noticed with the 340 upgrade. I never had an issue with this, until I ran the 340 upgrade on my DX. Ever since, it randomly reboots on me. But consistently reboots every other time I plug it in to the PC. If I plug it in, it reboots. I unplug, and wait for everything to boot up completely. Then I can plug it in again, and it works. However, next time I plug it in, it goes right back to the reboot.

So beyond frustrating.

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me too after the update, now I have to be sure my phone is not in mass storage mode before I plug it into my computer. Also at times since the update my phone has been rebooting during navigation, now that's frustrating when you are trying to get somewhere.

Oh man no joke, my phone is plugged into my computer right now and I was downloading the data for the new free game posted on this site Hero Spartan or something to that effect (66 mb BTW) and my phone just restarted on me. How is that for irony!

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My DX rebooted itself once a couple of days ago, just after I connected the USB cable while the DX was in a locked state. It didn't cause any problems though, no lost files, and my backup/sync went normally.

I'm testing the connection at least once a day to assure that the sporadic lost graphics files problem I was having frequently prior to the 2.2.1 update doesn't reoccur. So far, so good, and that was the only spontaneous reboot with the connection in 12 days. Not sure if this is a problem, or a "feature".

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Try this.. as you plug/unplug the device in, take your thumb and slide across the screen as if you're changing screens..do this back and forth quickly and don't lift your thumb off the screen until it says its entering mass storage more or charge only mode on the DX screen.

This little fix works every time for me.

Basically what's happening is your phone is kernel panic'ing and rebooting. For some reason sliding your thumb left and right real quick like you're changing screens prevents it from doing a panic.

I've confirmed this works because this same thing happened to me on my leaked 2.2, and now happens on the latest OTA update 2.2.1

simple sliding your finger left/right about an inch or so on your screen prevents it from rebooting.. lol

Last edited:

sukjeffrey

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
This also happens for me. I have the aluminum macbook. I just turn it back on. It's inconvenient and a waste of time, but I'm glad nothing's broken with the phone.

TUNDRA35

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I had this same problem but I updated the motorola driver on the computer by right clicking the blue m. It seemed to fix mine but Idk could just be luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech