Anyone tried Android Sync.

seacat21

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Trying to find a good way to synch. outlook contacts to Droid X using a USB cable and ran across this software. Has anyone tried it?

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Any reason why you're looking to sync over something as antiquated as a cable? :)

In all honesty, there is some legitimacy to the question. I haven't synced to my PC since my old Palm days. If you're using a personal phonebook it's much cleaner and easier to sync Outlook to your Google account, if it's corporate you'll probably want to check with IT about how to do it wirelessly.

seacat21

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
No special reason other than not wanting to put all contacts out there for security reasons. Most are business contacts. I use a stand alone version of outlook. Not an exchange server.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, you may want to check the contacts in the Google account associated with the phone. By default the phone will sync with "the cloud" which, in this case, is Google.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Really?

I understand what you say about not wanting to sync all your contacts to "a cloud" for security reasons. Although this is a staple feature of Android and Google, some people are not comfortable with it.

A simple search over at AppBrain for "Outlook Contacts" yields results.

App Brain - VCOrganizer

App Brain - DejaOffice -Outlook, USB sync

There are others. I believe these can also be found searching with the Android Market.

Remember with Android...if it cannot be done with what the phone came with, there is probably an app for it on the market.

Sailmaker

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
VCOrganizer Pro: Free or Not

AppBrain initially states VCOrganizer is free but when I try to download it says app is $13.08 How do I download it for free?

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried DejaOffice but it wouldnt work for me and tech support was spotty. Next one up to try is Gsyncit. I think those are about your only options for syncing Pop3 outlook contacts with your Android contacts.