1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Unhappy My Droid X would not boot up, please help

Hi everyone

I love my Droid X now you can imagine when I see my Droid X can no longer boot up. Can you please give me some tips on what should I do?

Here is what happened:
    - After I updated Droid X to Froyo,
    - I rooted my phone with Z4root a while back
    - I experiment with rooted phone (playing with Wifi tethering etc)
    - I used Titanium backup to remove some "SYSTEM" apps I did not need (that comes with Motorola Droid X), such as News, weather & social networking status update
    - Because Verizon released a minor update for froyo Droid X, I want to download and update it. The update failed (I think) because I remove those Motorola "SYSTEM" apps with Titanium.
    - So I use root explorer trying to copy & paste all the *.apk & *.odex files back to phone's \System\App folder. While it was copying it seems that my phone just go blank screen, and I am not sure what happened.
    - So I pull the battery and try to reboot
    - Now my Droid X will start, showing the logo, then I see the Droid X silver logo, then the spinning red eye animation, then it seems to go back to Silver log again and then the spinning red eye, over and over and again.

What could I do now?

Can I ask Verizon to wipe it and reinstall everything?

Or is my Droid X totally beyond saving now?

Could I wipe it and reinstall everything myself? Is it possible?

Can you please provide some desparately needed instructions?

Thank you.

- sad Droid X user.

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

OK, don't worry. I just did this about an hour ago, and my DX is back from the dead.

Go here and download the SBF and RSD Lite: http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...ite-4-8-a.html

Then go here and follow the instructions step-by-step.

It worked just fine. The only thing that I ran into was having to pay for the download, I used rapidshare.

Shockingly, my phone was back to normal. The only thing I lost was root access.

**Edit to fix a typo

Good luck!
    Last edited by broadwayblues; 12-22-2010 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Typo fix
    Thanked by:
    rvpals 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broadwayblues View Post
    OK, don't panik. I just did this about an hour ago, and my DX is back from the dead.

Go here and download the SBF and RSD Lite: http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...ite-4-8-a.html

Then go here and follow the instructions step-be-step.

It worked just fine. The only thing that I ran into was having to pay for the download, I used rapidshare.

Shockingly, my phone was back to normal. The only thing I lost was root access.

Good luck!
    Thank you so much. Appreciate it a lot. I would not know where to start without your help.

I'm going to try flashing it.

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

Any luck? I hope your flash worked. I just got my root back by using Z4 root.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broadwayblues View Post
    Any luck? I hope your flash worked. I just got my root back by using Z4 root.
    It did not work the first time. I tried it the second time, it works and I'm back in business.

Thank you so much.

Things to note:
    the flash program only works in 32bit windows

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.1 RC 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by rvpals View Post
    It did not work the first time. I tried it the second time, it works and I'm back in business.

Thank you so much.

Things to note:
    the flash program only works in 32bit windows
    FYI there is a 64bit version.
    Nokia 6xxx >> Motorola i710 >> Motorola Razr >> BB 9000 >> BB 9700 >> Nexus One >> Droid X >> Thunderbolt

Default Re: My Droid X would not boot up, please help

If i do this to my phone will i lose my contacts?

Yes you will lose contacts. Sbf resets the phone to out of the box condition.

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Just make sure your contacts are backed up with your Google account and you will not "lose" your contacts. You will regain them once you log back into your account upon returning from the depths of sbf'ing yourself.
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.