| || |
My Droid X would not boot up, please help
I love my Droid X now you can imagine when I see my Droid X can no longer boot up. Can you please give me some tips on what should I do?
Here is what happened:
- After I updated Droid X to Froyo,
- I rooted my phone with Z4root a while back
- I experiment with rooted phone (playing with Wifi tethering etc)
- I used Titanium backup to remove some "SYSTEM" apps I did not need (that comes with Motorola Droid X), such as News, weather & social networking status update
- Because Verizon released a minor update for froyo Droid X, I want to download and update it. The update failed (I think) because I remove those Motorola "SYSTEM" apps with Titanium.
- So I use root explorer trying to copy & paste all the *.apk & *.odex files back to phone's \System\App folder. While it was copying it seems that my phone just go blank screen, and I am not sure what happened.
- So I pull the battery and try to reboot
- Now my Droid X will start, showing the logo, then I see the Droid X silver logo, then the spinning red eye animation, then it seems to go back to Silver log again and then the spinning red eye, over and over and again.
What could I do now?
Can I ask Verizon to wipe it and reinstall everything?
Or is my Droid X totally beyond saving now?
Could I wipe it and reinstall everything myself? Is it possible?
Can you please provide some desparately needed instructions?
- sad Droid X user.