1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Facebook chat

Is there a way to get facebook chat to notify more than just the notification bar

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ROM
    CM7

Do you have notification in general? I haven't had a problem with them since push notification update for android.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I tried it with notification turned on. But i still didn't get anything for chat. I think notification works for other things like events and friend requests and actual messages. but the chat feature it just puts an icon in the notification bar

ROM
    CM7

Oh, im sorry i miss read the OP. My bad :P. still though, when i get a chat my phone vibrates when on no sound and rings when i decide to have volume on... do you get an LED notification atleast?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

nope...nothing.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

I was having the same issues, but I really haven't used it much since.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    Is there a way to get facebook chat to notify more than just the notification bar

Unfortunately, we might have to wait for an update to that feature. At the moment you would have to go on and check it occasionally.

Ps. What you can do to make that feature possibly-is to go on the Facebook feedback page and post a request/complaint about that feature.

I am getting notifications when someone chats with me on my X. My bug is that when someone does chat with me that chat never goes away. Even if I have deleted that chat 100 times. It always re-appears as a live chat when I open the App up again.
    Crazy Yankee Sportfishing - Salmon and Trout Charters on Lake Ontario!

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

i'm having the same issue of seeing the notification on the notification bar, but no sound or vibration or anything.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I hate that chat goes online when I open the app. I have to go to my PC and go offline and repeat the cycle every time I open it on the phone.

i dont get any notifications on my X but the silent chat notify in the bar. just give me the normal notifications and ill be happy.....

I really hate that fb chat now in the actual app. I was using Go! Chat and everything worked just fine. Now, I'm finding myself appearing online all the time and getting random fb chats from people that sent me one hours ago. If I could, I would disable it in the app.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Yeah. Fb chat in the fb app is terrible. No control over notifications. Very few settings. Can't open links.

Terrible.

Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

I used Go Chat for FB and it worked really well for me, I might go back to that.

You can logoff from FB chat on your phone. Not sure if it'll log you back in when you go on your computer or if logging off on your phone also logs you off on your computer. Right now I do have it logged off on my phone...
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Super Turtleman View Post
    You can logoff from FB chat on your phone. Not sure if it'll log you back in when you go on your computer or if logging off on your phone also logs you off on your computer. Right now I do have it logged off on my phone...
    You can log of the chat in the FB app by pressing the menu key while in chat and then pressing log off... it works for me.

I am with a few other posters, check out GoChat! I stopped using it when the facebook app update came out but went back becuase of the lack of sound notification for chat.
    Bye bye S1 hello Droid X

any of you able to use the voice command to add text? every time I try it takes me to the google search. sry for the highjack