DX Battery life lately......

Crazy Yankee

Jul 20, 2010
www.crazyyankeesportfishing.com
It has taken a turn for the worse! Just this morning I went through 60% of the battery life from 6am, when I unplugged it from my home charger, till about 11am. That's not how she used to be. I had about 15 e-mails (On the Yahoo E-mail App), 20 text messages, Checked out FB a little on the Android App, and that was about it.

Is there an App that tracks whats using battery power?

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i use system widget by jason calhoun, but all it does really is open up the battery manager so you can see whats been running. mine was acting up yesterday and i didnt get near the life i normally get. i've found that when this happens i let the battery run down until the phone shuts off. then i charge it back up and i'm back to normal. i wonder if it has something to do with the calibration getting jacked somehow.

yoyoche

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Take a look at System Panel. It monitors what apps are running and for l how long. It will find any rogue programs that are eating your battery. Make sure to read the help file and visit the developers web site. I use it all the time, love it.

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
A few culprits

One major detractor of battery power is data flow. Like the above posters have mentioned, look at whats running. Constant updates from a dozen different feeds can cripple battery power (facebook, news, weather, sports, stocks, etc.) a large number of apps like this allow you to set the refresh rate. For example, updating a feed every minute compared to every 30 seconds should (in theory) save half the battery. Another potential is your overclock if you run one. Have you set a low idle for it? If your constantly juicing 1400 and not running at a bare minimum then it will also drop the charge on the battery. Check your settings to see what your overclock does when the screen is off. I hope that helps you. :cool:

CavemanOOGA

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Do you use the official Facebook app? Cause I had the same problem your describing because of the latest update for that app. It was just constantly pulling data for some reason and killing my battery. Once I uninstalled it everything went back to normal.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CavemanOOGA

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
i have the official facebook app and haven't seen it show up in the battery usage at all.

I never saw it in the Battery Usage page either. I never knew why. Just try going without that for a while and see what happens. Its better than finding out your battery is faulty, or something of that nature.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
In your Battery Manager, set your data to update every 15 or 30 minutes instead of having it Always On.

With roughly the same kind of medium-light usage, my battery life is way better. My DX has 9 hours on it right now and I'm at 80%.

astraelraen

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
My battery life sucks after the .340 update.

Nothing has changed on the phone, same widgets, data, etc. Usage remains fairly consistent day to day as well.

bucky716

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
One thing I thought of is that we've all used our Droids and charged the battery more in our Droids than any other phone, batteries only last for so long before they start losing the ability to a hold a charge for as long.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
From my experience I've found that if I simply reboot the DX the battery life gets back to "normal". Seems when I let the device run for several days I begin to see battery life go crazy with major drainage. Last time I was running for 84 hours since last reboot and saw my battery life drain by 10% easily within an hour, all while sitting idle. The battery manager showed that my usage was due to "display", however the device was sitting idle with no display. After rebooting I then went the rest of the day (about 8 hours) with only 30% change in the battery.

I'm no expert and would love to understand more, but rebooting seems to solve the problem for me - just would like to know why... :) My guess is there is some app that's going rouge on me and not freeing up resources...

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
These devices should be powered down once daily and restarted to BOB61's point. Doing this will ensure your device and battery are running efficiently.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood