hi all

i have to say that i'm not entirely enamored with the new dialer in the 2.3.340 update. while i can appreciate the similar numbers feature, i just don't have a need for it & would prefer the earlier dialer.

does anyone have any recommendations for dialers from the app store?

thanks for the suggestions ( happy holidays and all that rot ).
    12-28-2010 04:54 PM
    Personally I could not tell a difference with my dialer after update....

But when I had my eris I used this: AppBrain-Dialer One

It worked great.
    12-29-2010 09:13 AM
    hi droidev -
    thanks for the suggestion. i'll check dialer one out.

this might be an excuse to look into rooting....

cheers!
    12-31-2010 08:41 AM
    i wish it was more like the sense dialer where you can start typing and it will search by name and number makes it really easy to find number i dont use often
    12-31-2010 12:03 PM
    i wish it was more like the sense dialer where you can start typing and it will search by name and number makes it really easy to find number i dont use often
    Try aTakePhone at ShSh Software

12-31-2010 02:12 PM
    The new dialer lets you search by name by just pressing the numbers that correspond to the letters in the name you're looking for. Am I missing something?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    01-02-2011 07:30 AM
    The new dialer lets you search by name by just pressing the numbers that correspond to the letters in the name you're looking for. Am I missing something?
    hi carlos, i think that about sums it up; i.e. you start typing in a number (842...) and the dialer remembers similar numbers that you've dialed.

my problem (peevish, i suppose) is that i don't dial that many numbers, so the feature only serves to take up screen space.

cheers!
    01-02-2011 04:42 PM
    this is a picture from the wired coverage of ces -- the phone is the motorola bionic.
    motorola bionic article for those of you interested.

i *want* this dialer.

is this the gingerbread dialer? i'm dying.... ugh.
    01-06-2011 06:32 PM
    ^---Hawt.
    01-07-2011 09:23 AM
    Since the bionic is running the next version of blur im assuming it is the new blur dialer and doesn't really have anything to do with Gingerbread. I am really hoping we get that new blur it looks sexy all the way around!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    01-07-2011 09:28 AM
    aw shucks - that's not terrible news. i'll keep my fingers crossed for blur v. 2.3 or whatever it'll be called.
    01-08-2011 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD