1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 2.3.340 dialer

hi all

i have to say that i'm not entirely enamored with the new dialer in the 2.3.340 update. while i can appreciate the similar numbers feature, i just don't have a need for it & would prefer the earlier dialer.

does anyone have any recommendations for dialers from the app store?

thanks for the suggestions ( happy holidays and all that rot ).
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

Personally I could not tell a difference with my dialer after update....

But when I had my eris I used this:

It worked great.
    Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting useful replies it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.Anything is possible when you think before you comment or post. Im on a computer.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

hi droidev -
    thanks for the suggestion. i'll check dialer one out.

this might be an excuse to look into rooting....

cheers!

i wish it was more like the sense dialer where you can start typing and it will search by name and number makes it really easy to find number i dont use often

Quote Originally Posted by karmiccalamity View Post
    i wish it was more like the sense dialer where you can start typing and it will search by name and number makes it really easy to find number i dont use often
    Try aTakePhone at

Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...

The new dialer lets you search by name by just pressing the numbers that correspond to the letters in the name you're looking for. Am I missing something?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by carlos31820 View Post
    The new dialer lets you search by name by just pressing the numbers that correspond to the letters in the name you're looking for. Am I missing something?
    hi carlos, i think that about sums it up; i.e. you start typing in a number (842...) and the dialer remembers similar numbers that you've dialed.

my problem (peevish, i suppose) is that i don't dial that many numbers, so the feature only serves to take up screen space.

cheers!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

this is a picture from the wired coverage of ces -- the phone is the motorola bionic.
    for those of you interested.

i *want* this dialer.

is this the gingerbread dialer? i'm dying.... ugh.
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

^---Hawt.
    Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting useful replies it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.Anything is possible when you think before you comment or post. Im on a computer.

Global Posts
    1,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Since the bionic is running the next version of blur im assuming it is the new blur dialer and doesn't really have anything to do with Gingerbread. I am really hoping we get that new blur it looks sexy all the way around!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

aw shucks - that's not terrible news. i'll keep my fingers crossed for blur v. 2.3 or whatever it'll be called.