Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    ROM
    Apex 1.3.1

Default Flashed my first custom rom...Thank you!!!!

I've been lurking the site for a couple of weeks now doing my research on how to flash a custom rom onto my phone and I gotta say there is a wealth of knowledge on this site. Thanks for making the transition to Android easy. Keep up the great work.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by moneymike12 View Post
    I've been lurking the site for a couple of weeks now doing my research on how to flash a custom rom onto my phone and I gotta say there is a wealth of knowledge on this site. Thanks for making the transition to Android easy. Keep up the great work.
    Congrats Moneymike, and welcome to the light lurker lol
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:

:cough: rubiX 1.95
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker

Global Posts
    7,625 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

cough cough cough ... darkslide haha
    Congrats on your first custom rom Xperience .

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Lol. GummyJar 2.5 is the way to go.

Strap on that seatbelt because the wild ride is only just beginning...
    a little obsessive...
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Apex... so many awesome roms. Try them all and see what works best for you. I been using apex for a few months and its great for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

whats the best way to get started..i am rooted but dont know where to start...i want to make a back up then install a rom/theme anyone got a link to help the stupid?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    ROM
    Apex 1.3.1

Thanks everyone. I figured I'd try out ApeX first to see how it would turn out. I'll eventually step into the darkslide, lol!
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

I use apex and I have tried darkslide as well. Both work well but I like the visual elements of apex better.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    ROM
    Apex 1.3.1

Quote Originally Posted by blunt420 View Post
    whats the best way to get started..i am rooted but dont know where to start...i want to make a back up then install a rom/theme anyone got a link to help the stupid?
    There's a wealth of information in the forums. I did a search related to my phone and everything I needed came up. But what phone do you currently have and hopefully I can steer you in the right direction.

Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    ROM
    GingerBread 2.3.3

I'm looking at flashing my first ROM as well. Not sure if its the way I want to go though. I'm basically looking for a way to have my Notification bar black and the clock be hidden and run launcher pro plus. Is the best way to go to do a ROM or is there a easier way to achieve my goal? Thanks!
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Click View Post
    I'm looking at flashing my first ROM as well. Not sure if its the way I want to go though. I'm basically looking for a way to have my Notification bar black and the clock be hidden and run launcher pro plus. Is the best way to go to do a ROM or is there a easier way to achieve my goal? Thanks!
    A rom would prob be the easiest way to go. Apex worked well for me and works well with lp+. Just make sure you make a backup of stock before you start playing with new roms.
    Thanked by:
    Click 

Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    ROM
    GingerBread 2.3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty_82 View Post
    A rom would prob be the easiest way to go. Apex worked well for me and works well with lp+. Just make sure you make a backup of stock before you start playing with new roms.
    Yea I was looking at this, not sure if its the latest of the apex. Does the apex ROM give you the option to hide the clock? Thanks for the help.

Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    ROM
    GingerBread 2.3.3

OK, got 1.3.1 going. Was really easy. Thanks for the help guys.

For those of you that are looking to go custom do yourself a favor...go to the dev site of the rom you want and READ & UNDERSTAND the whole thread for the current version, start to finish.

You'll will probably see questions and answers to every problem you might encounter and you'll be smarter for it.

It's not hard but it's also not always straight forward either. 15-20 minutes of reading is well worth it.

EDIT: And don't use Rom Manager unless you already understand how it all really works.
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker
    Thanked by:
    Click 

This girl I know flashed my DX for me, now I have a VERY NICE photo to look at! LOL...

Link below....

Imaginshack,com/flashDX.

droidx i am rooted have rom mgr have bootstrapper and clockwork just dont know what any of it means lol