Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default gps

for some reason all of the sudden the gps satelite symbol comes up in my notofocation bar all the time. i havent messed with my settings or added any apps recently. this is so random. i tried rebooting an whatnot to no avail. any suggestions what could be causing this?

i dont think its from any of my recent updates to my apps either. hmm.

Mine has been doing the same thing.. along with the whole random rebooting and having to recycle the wifi. I love this phone, but I really hope moto fixes all these bugs.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by JulietBravo View Post
    Mine has been doing the same thing.. along with the whole random rebooting and having to recycle the wifi. I love this phone, but I really hope moto fixes all these bugs.
    same here for all of those issues. the rebooting is very annoying and the wifi is useless after the update.

I've got 3 X's in my family and none are having GPS or WiFi issues. One of them was random rebooting about once a day, buy I did a factory reset on it last night. We'll see if that fixes the issue.

You might want to try the same. Let me re-phrase...you probably don't want to, but it might resolve your problems if you did it.
    Semper Fi
    I love my Moto X 2014!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    I've got 3 X's in my family and none are having GPS or WiFi issues. One of them was random rebooting about once a day, buy I did a factory reset on it last night. We'll see if that fixes the issue.

You might want to try the same. Let me re-phrase...you probably don't want to, but it might resolve your problems if you did it.
    i went down that road once after the initial update. i had all types of issues. i did a complete factory reset, wiped all my app caches, etc etc etc...and it fixed alot. it wasnt until recently that ive had the gps issues, but even after the wipe, i still have reboot and wifi problesm so im convinced all the resets in the world wont fix them and its a software issue.

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

GPS coming on for no apparent reason is almost always an app gone rogue. Check your battery manager and/or spare parts to see if any apps are hogging the battery/cpu.
    Galaxy Nexus, Droid Charge, Gtab 10.1
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by BrianTX View Post
    GPS coming on for no apparent reason is almost always an app gone rogue. Check your battery manager and/or spare parts to see if any apps are hogging the battery/cpu.
    excellent advise.....i found that "shopsavvy" was using gps to find my location. it does have a setting to turn it off but since i dont use the app much anyway i chucked it. i used it rrecently to scan an app code on my pc screen and that is what must have woken the beast. haha. thanks!