Issues Including Gallery
01-04-2011 12:58 PM
- My Droid X recently told me to update. I am now running 2.2.1. I noticed changes immediately. It began slowing down. Screens and apps get stuck. And my gallery will NOT open. It opens then closes right back. I've done a battery pull. I unmounted my SD card. There are no defaults for me to clear. I don't know what to do.01-02-2011 07:30 PM
Happy Holiday01-02-2011 07:57 PM
- Actually, skip the Factory Data Reset. Your problem is more likely a corrupted sd card filesystem. That's why your X is slow, freezes, and the Gallery app is giving you problems.
Move your sd card contents to your computer, then reformat your sd card in the device. Then move your files and folders back starting with the essential stuff first. Test, then move more back to the card until you have moved everything back, or you find a bad file. Most likely, the reformat will solve your problem, if the only thing wrong was with the card's filesystem.01-02-2011 09:40 PM
- I had the same trouble over Christmas and spent hours backing up my SD card to my laptop via USB (I was traveling and didn't have my microsd adapter), formatting the card, then copying the files back. This fixed my Gallery problem.
Until the next day when it happened again.
Somewhere I read to try out the app "Gallery 3D" from the Market. I think it's just the Gallery app lifted from the Nexus. If you can access your photos with Gallery 3D, it's likely just a corrupt photo doing you in rather than the whole card being corrupt. I installed the app and when I ran it, it showed a photo with a generic thumbnail that I couldn't open. I deleted that file and then all was right and the stock Gallery would open again.01-02-2011 11:40 PM
- Here is what worked for me...no reformat required:
Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications >> All tab
For each of the following, I clicked on Clear data and Clear cache: (Just clearing Gallery did not do it for me)
Media Container Service
Then I restarted phone by holding down power button, clicking Power Off, then held it again to turn on and working great! It did take a few minutes for the Gallery to get all the thumbnails again the first time I started it, but it works!
I was afraid I deleted all files on SD but they are all still there. Just be patient, will take several minutes for Gallery to repopulate.01-04-2011 09:55 AMLike 2
- 01-04-2011 12:46 PM
- Same thing here but I never used the Gallery anyways. I figured I give it a try but I've been using QuickPic to view my pictures. Much better and faster. I also like Video Play to play videos because I don't like the thumbnail view but I like the text view so that works great for me.01-04-2011 12:58 PM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid X Forums
- Motorola Droid X
Issues Including Gallery
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD