your favorite backup application

CanOfBees

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
hi all -

like a number of folks here, i started to experience some reboot issues with my X after the update. i decided to do a factory reset ( settings > privacy settings > factory data reset ) to see if that would solve the problem.

before i ran the factory reset, i thought it would be a good idea to create a backup. i went with the free version of mybackup, and backed up my apps and other data (sms, contacts, etc) to my sd card. i was fairly certain that everything went fine....

after going through the factory reset process, i downloaded mybackup and retrieved the backups from my sd card. unfortunately, all of the contact linking and pictures i had established in my contacts list weren't saved. i still haven't gone back through all of them to set this up again. is anyone aware of a backup app (j. bourquard's titanium backup and mybackup pro seem to be the top contenders) that will keep that sort of data intact?

thanks!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My Backup PRO works perfectly for me but you shouldn't have restored contacts because Google would restore automatically when you logged in. I only restore Call Log, Bookmarks, SMS and MMS because google restore everything else and I only use the full backup when there is issues with google and backup assistance shows issue but if you want another option a number of users suggest Titanium Backup.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I got my DX and went back to my BB9550 and then back to the DX and I got all my contacts back synced with my gmail. I didn't get my apps back but going into market, I was able to see the list of all the apps I had before and re-download them.