Is there an easy way to post your Droid X screens on the forum?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I did a search on the forum here and I tried doing the windows pc downloading the sdk and using eclipse method. I got as far as opening the ddms file and doesn't recognize my phone. I had the USB debugging enabled. I'm new to android and I'm completely lost trying to follow the directions. Is there an app you can use to post your screens? I'm on a stock Droid X android 2.2. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I did a search on the forum here and I tried doing the windows pc downloading the sdk and using eclipse method. I got as far as opening the ddms file and doesn't recognize my phone. I had the USB debugging enabled. I'm new to android and I'm completely lost trying to follow the directions. Is there an app you can use to post your screens? I'm on a stock Droid X android 2.2. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

if you are rooted, you can use either , drocap2, screenshot it, or shoot me.

if you are not rooted try shoot me.. it sometimes works on phones that are not rooted.. please let me know what you end up using as im keeping track of phones that can use shoot me without root

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Shoot me won't work. Just use a macro dlsr and crop it. He he. Rooting is easiest, though I would not root unless more than a screen shot interest you.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks DroidXcon, but it says "need to be rooted" when I try to use Shoot me. I was hoping I would be one of the lucky ones it worked for. lol. I'm not comfortable enough yet to root my phone. I've read about Z4 Root one click method, but I don't think I'm at that point yet. I hope there is another solution.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks DroidXcon, but it says "need to be rooted" when I try to use Shoot me. I was hoping I would be one of the lucky ones it worked for. lol. I'm not comfortable enough yet to root my phone. I've read about Z4 Root one click method, but I don't think I'm at that point yet. I hope there is another solution.

OK I am generous. Give me your os version and I will link you with the correct z4root app. You must then install koushes bootstrap and nandroid backup after root.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to have to pass on that invitation, at least for now Johnly. I don't feel comfortable or really see the need to root at the moment. I know I can freeze some of the bloatware and stuff, but it's not really affecting my phone at the moment. Before I got the phone, I thought I would try, but not enough knowledge here to fix if something goes wrong, even with the help of the people of this forum. Getting pics of my screen is not a good enough reason for me to do it yet either. Thanks for the offer though.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Shoot me only works for some 2.1 devices like sgs *sigh*

This is not true i have had reports of it working on DX 2.2 unrooted, this is why i said to try shoot me because it randomly works for some people, i'm still trying to find a common denomitor in these cases

on a side note-
when i was using the DX i had trouble with the ADB drivers. i had to open up my device manager on my pc and find all the exclamation points and install the adb driver to each one, and after i would apply another would pop up ,after like 3 or 4 times i was able to connect

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to have to pass on that invitation, at least for now Johnly. I don't feel comfortable or really see the need to root at the moment. I know I can freeze some of the bloatware and stuff, but it's not really affecting my phone at the moment. Before I got the phone, I thought I would try, but not enough knowledge here to fix if something goes wrong, even with the help of the people of this forum. Getting pics of my screen is not a good enough reason for me to do it yet either. Thanks for the offer though.

Good for you my man. Although it is easy, it can brick your device. Happy trails.

Reactions: Andy847

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
This is not true i have had reports of it working on DX 2.2 unrooted, this is why i said to try shoot me because it randomly works for some people, i'm still trying to find a common denomitor in these cases

on a side note-
when i was using the DX i had trouble with the ADB drivers. i had to open up my device manager on my pc and find all the exclamation points and install the adb driver to each one, and after i would apply another would pop up ,after like 3 or 4 times i was able to connect

Reports, lol.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
whenever i have had issues running adb, its usually because my drivers are out of date. droidxcon is probably on the right track

Last edited:

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
well, I was up all night until almost 5am trying to figure this thing out. DroidXcon, I got the adb driver you posted in the link, but have no idea what to do with it. I keep getting stuck at the same point where it gives an error message saying it can't find the adb. This stuff is really way over my head. I now get the verizon website when I plug my X into my pc's usb port, instead of the pop up window that use to come up where I could open folder to view files and things like that. i can still look at the files on the phone in Windows explorer though. I'll have to put a call in to Verizon Tech support later today. I should have just left well enough alone. Now I really don't think I want to try to ever root my phone. I have a huge problem understanding what to do if ever a problem. Thanks for the help though, just don't think I'll be able to post screen pics. Not at the risk of messing up my computer or phone.

jak112460

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
well, I was up all night until almost 5am trying to figure this thing out. DroidXcon, I got the adb driver you posted in the link, but have no idea what to do with it. I keep getting stuck at the same point where it gives an error message saying it can't find the adb. This stuff is really way over my head. I now get the verizon website when I plug my X into my pc's usb port, instead of the pop up window that use to come up where I could open folder to view files and things like that. i can still look at the files on the phone in Windows explorer though. I'll have to put a call in to Verizon Tech support later today. I should have just left well enough alone. Now I really don't think I want to try to ever root my phone. I have a huge problem understanding what to do if ever a problem. Thanks for the help though, just don't think I'll be able to post screen pics. Not at the risk of messing up my computer or phone.

I get stuck at DDMS. When I click on DDMS I get an messege saying can't be found. I think part of the problem is that people who are completely comfortable with this stuff are teaching people who are not and they are assuming we know certain things. Something is being left out. When you go into the thread that gives the screen shot info the pistures are not showing up there. It appears even the teacher cannot do it himself. LOL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae