Boot Loop again...?

grnsl2

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Ran into something i find a bit interesting. Got my first X July 15th and used it quite a bit till i ran down the battery a bit to much. I tried to revive/keep it alive via pc cable but it died anyway. It ended up in the boot loop "droid, red eye" for the rest of the afternoon. Charged now after a battery pull and such, i had no idea what this was (first exposure to droid). I turned it into the Vz store and got a replacement. All good for months... practically forgot about it till today chalking it up as just one of those things.

Today, similar situation. phone wearing down and tossed it on my pc to keep it afloat. Looked down a few minutes ago to see the phone reboot. Been doing it ever since even after a bat pull and a charge. Awesome. I see other devices get stuck in the loop and a factory wipe reset is the cure.

Is that most likely my only choice? bigger question is why this is happening. Nothing unusual going on for this phone, not rooted or anything, 20 apps maybe? Must have something to do with the battery being low and it gets crabby...

Thoughts?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Never had that issue. You can try and wipe it and see if that helps. Some apps are battery hogs with faults in the code that drain it for no reason. Turn the phone off. Hold home key and power. Once the droid guy pops up let go and hit search key. Wipe cache then wipe data. Then reboot. Hope it helps you out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

grnsl2

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, i hear ya. Was just trying to correlate why this seems to be happening. I would have to think that I can't be this lucky with 2 different phones and someone else has wore out their battery by now kicking something off...

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, i hear ya. Was just trying to correlate why this seems to be happening. I would have to think that I can't be this lucky with 2 different phones and someone else has wore out their battery by now kicking something off...

Your problem is that you are using the PC USB to charge the device and the usb power is known to cause issues if you are using the device and trying to charge the device on pc, also I learned that the Charge Only mode works better that keeping device plugged in and have device mounted for storage access and use,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm