Using The Dock Often Kills Undocked Battery Life?

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
So I have been using the Multimedia Dock at work for a few weeks now for 8 hours a day playing Slacker so we could have commercial free radio at work. Now I have started to notice that when the DX is off the dock, the battery life has gotten very bad. Is it possible that with so much charging the battery life goes to crap when its off the charger?

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Your battery is rated for a number of cycles. Constantly charging the battery while operating your phone will severely diminish its longevity. If you use your dock, take the charger out and only charge your phone when your battery dips below 15%.

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I guess the battery life isnt as bad as i thought but still pretty bad(IMO). Got to work lastnight and put the DX on the dock but not charging. It went 7 1/2 hours with the screen on constantly and running Slacker constantly before the 15% warning came up. Im still gonna let it drop down below 15% a few times to see if it can improve.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That seems really good for a phone. But another thing that is good to do is use the phone until it dies and leave it off and let it charge for about 4-5 hours.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
That seems really good for a phone. But another thing that is good to do is use the phone until it dies and leave it off and let it charge for about 4-5 hours.

Not use my phone for 4 to 5 hours! You sir are asking too much! :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Not use my phone for 4 to 5 hours! You sir are asking too much! :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Do it when your sleeping.
Well then again, I do wake up in the middle of the night and I check my phone lol. Won't even get my glasses on first, just go for the phone.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Your battery is rated for a number of cycles. Constantly charging the battery while operating your phone will severely diminish its longevity. If you use your dock, take the charger out and only charge your phone when your battery dips below 15%.

Exactly...unplug the dock when you don't need the phone charged. All you need is the docks magnets to activate the docking mode.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
There is also an app that replicates the dock without a dock. I believe it's Dock Service or Dock App.

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Now that I think about it, 7 1/2 hours of screen on constantly and constant Slacker is pretty good. Still gonna let it drop to 15% battery a few times just to see what the battery can really do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech