Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

Good point there alcor34. Add that to the list.
    Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting useful replies it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.Anything is possible when you think before you comment or post. Im on a computer.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Third day, third time clearing data AGAIN in GMail. All settings checked and double checked. The problem is GMail.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR13 View Post
    Third day, third time clearing data AGAIN in GMail. All settings checked and double checked. The problem is GMail.
    Most time clearing Data or sync now should have fix that problem. It seems like you're experiencing more problems than others. Unfortunately, you might have to consider resetting the device. That's what I had to do to get my emails working again.
    (KEEP IN MIND THAT ALL DATA WILL BE WIPE FROM YOUR PHONE- REVERTING THE DEVICE TO ITS ORIGINAL STATE) your pics wont be deleted, and you can save your apps by installing App Brain from the market… sync all your apps with it and they'll be stored to your Gmail account - after resetting the phone...sign into your gmail account /reinstall app brain, and reinstall your apps.

Best of luck.
    Last edited by rushrl; 01-15-2011 at 07:26 AM.

Finally solved my problem by adding the power widget to one of my unused home screens. The sync button on it allowed my gmail to start syncing again.

Gmail on my phone is completely dead. And I've tried everything, and nothing works. I'm mystified as to why the damn thing won't even uninstall. And there's no way to sign out/sing back in. Very frustrating.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,714 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin5005 View Post
    Gmail on my phone is completely dead. And I've tried everything, and nothing works. I'm mystified as to why the damn thing won't even uninstall. And there's no way to sign out/sing back in. Very frustrating.
    Factory reset....

THANK YOU very much - your detailed, clear, and thorough post was exactly what I needed to get my GMail account functioning according to spec once again. Thanks for taking the time and effort to post something so useful - it is VERY much appreciated.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12