1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default going into recovery mode on start up

I was playing around with some roms and the last one put my phone into a boot loop so I did a batt pull and got into the recovery mode then I restored back to stock rom from my last backup. Everything went good. I then used z4root and unrooted then I unistalled bootstrapper. So now when I turn my phone off at night and back on in the morning it goes into recover mode. I have to select reboot phone then um good again. No last night I turns off the phone and and put it in my dock then instead of showing me the battery it went into recovery mode again. Now im sure its no soposed to do that any more. Pleas help me.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

This is how the application is suppose to work so when a device does not boot clean the user usually powers device completely down to attempt to go into recovery mode. This is intended to allow the user to access the recovery without issues, if the app did not do this then there wouldn't be a way to have Bootstrap to open on a issue situation. Sounds like system may have crashed when you went to use dock and this made it reboot into recovery, this doesn't sound like the apps issue.

By the way why would you remove the app that is required to be able to recover your device if something goes wrong, how do you intend to access recovery to fix problem? Just wondering..
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I know how it works but why is it doing it. If I never had put the bootstrapper on I would not be able to get into recovery mode. So I would not be able to fix anything If something went wrong anyway. I got rid of it because I wont be doing anything to my phone. The dock had nothing to do with it going into recovery mode. It does it every time I turn my phone off and then back on. I don't want it to do that anymore. I just don't understand how its still doing it if I no longer have bootstrapper. I've owned many android phones and never had to fix anything where I had to go into recovery mode. I've messed with this phone and now I have a problem granted not a bad one but still an issue. I don't think that getting into recovery mode is nessesary if you like the phone as it is. And I have found out I do. It seems that it's an unusual thing happening to my phone because no one has offered me any way to fix it.

if you haven't uninstall Rom Manager too...it's got a copy of clockwork in there.

if that doesn't work try doing a wipe data/cache in recovery
    obviously you'll lose everything on your phone when you do that so be prepared to re-load it all.
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker

Quote Originally Posted by spacecasespiff View Post
    I know how it works but why is it doing it. If I never had put the bootstrapper on I would not be able to get into recovery mode. So I would not be able to fix anything If something went wrong anyway. I got rid of it because I wont be doing anything to my phone. The dock had nothing to do with it going into recovery mode. It does it every time I turn my phone off and then back on. I don't want it to do that anymore. I just don't understand how its still doing it if I no longer have bootstrapper. I've owned many android phones and never had to fix anything where I had to go into recovery mode. I've messed with this phone and now I have a problem granted not a bad one but still an issue. I don't think that getting into recovery mode is nessesary if you like the phone as it is. And I have found out I do. It seems that it's an unusual thing happening to my phone because no one has offered me any way to fix it.
    digitalslacker is correct, clockwork recover is installed with ROM Manager and you have to remove it also but I do not believe that you understand what the recovery is intended for, If you installed the app to make a nandroid backup you need to keep it installed to be able to restore if you need to especially if you are installing custom roms. Without the recover app being left on device you can not access the backup file that you made earlier. If you brick your device you will have to use the SBF because the backup will be useless.
    Last edited by wildman; 01-11-2011 at 04:07 PM.
    Samsung S3
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I did uninstall the rom manager. The only phones that I've bricked were phones that I've rooted and have messed with. If you don't mess with it it shouldn't brick. Don't get me wrong it can still brick up but if it does I'm taking the phone back. I've got nothing against having the abillity to get into recovery mode I know how important it is just don't want it on my start up. I will most likely do the clear cache which I thought might do the trick. I know that is weird for someone not to want to root there phone but I did and tried all the roms but was not impressed with them. I expected more from them then what I got. I'm more impressed with adw launcher ex then with roms. I might try one again when a stable 2.3 rom comes out but till then I'm good. Thanks for helping.

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

You have to delete the files that the boot strapper creates. I don't have time to search for it, but someone posted the process for undoing what the app does. It's not as simple as just uninstalling the app.
    Galaxy Nexus, Droid Charge, Gtab 10.1

Forgive me but if you ran a Nandroid Backup and installed roms it is clear you had to root device so I dont understand why you act like someone is making you do something that you already done to your device and on the same note you should understand that the outcome that has happens will happen under this situation, so your response is unrequired but if you want to completely remove without using SBF... * Clearing cache or data will not resolve this situation

Follow these instruction I post....

Droid X Bootstrapper Complete Removal

* UNINSTALL the Recovery APK (Droid X Bootstrapper) in Settings, Applications
    * Reboot
    * Run "adb shell" or "Terminal Simulator"
    * Run "su"
    * Run "mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system"
    * Run "cp /system/bin/logwrapper.bin /system/bin/logwrapper"
    * Reboot
    Last edited by wildman; 01-10-2011 at 11:46 AM.
    Samsung S3
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    Forgive me but if you ran a Nandroid Backup and installed roms it is clear you had to root device so I dont understand why you act like someone is making you do something that you already done to your device and on the same note you should understand that the outcome that has happens will happen under this situation, so your response is unrequired but if you want to completely remove without using SBF... * Clearing cache or data will not resolve this situation

Follow these instruction I post....

Droid X Bootstrapper Complete Removal

* UNINSTALL the Recovery APK (Droid X Bootstrapper) in Settings, Applications
    * Reboot
    * Run "adb shell" or "Terminal Simulator"
    * Run "su"
    * Reboot
    Wait what's adb.... lol just joking

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Ok bootstrapper is gone from my phone so I used terminal emulator ( the app) typed in what you said now after I typed un "su" it said permission denied same with the next line the third line said not found now im not sure if that s what is soposed to happen. I then rebooted and im still in recovery mode. I do appreciate the help im getting I know it sounds like someone is making me do something but that's not the case. Im just a noob that needs help.

Ok bootstrapper is gone from my phone so I used terminal emulator ( the app) typed in what you said now after I typed un "su" it said permission denied same with the next line the third line said not found now im not sure if that s what is soposed to happen. I then rebooted and im still in recovery mode. I do appreciate the help im getting I know it sounds like someone is making me do something but that's not the case. Im just a noob that needs help.

You need to root device first to access the files required,

1. Install z4root from
    2. Reboot
    3. Open z4root and click PERMANENT root and allow reboot
    4. Run "Terminal Simulator" and use the commands I gave you.
    * Run "su"

5. Reboot
    6. Open z4root and click unroot.
    7 Goto Settings >> Applications >>> Manage Applications >>> z4root and Uninstall z4root

All Done
    Last edited by wildman; 01-11-2011 at 01:17 AM.
    Samsung S3
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I thought that's what I needed to do just installed it and going to do it now.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

It worked. So thank you for your help. I'm a little less of a noob now

It worked. So thank you for your help. I'm a little less of a noob now
    Glad to hear you got it straighten out.
    Samsung S3
    LMO

ROM
    ICS | Jellybean

Just to note, another alternative method (for anyone not comfortable with using Terminal or adb)... just use Root Explorer to delete/rename those files (you must be rooted). That worked for me once. Glad to hear you got it fixed though!

~ Droid RAZR MAXX, Stock rooted ICS
    ~ Xoom Wi-fi: Stock rooted JB

Quote Originally Posted by LMO View Post
    Just to note, another alternative method (for anyone not comfortable with using Terminal or adb)... just use Root Explorer to delete/rename those files (you must be rooted). That worked for me once. Glad to hear you got it fixed though!
    Yes that option will work as well but this was a free solution and root explorer cost $4.00 and this is the only reason I picked this method... I own Root Explorer but not everyone open to spend for a file explorer and for some reason when I gave instructions to use Root Explorer to do this a number of users dont figure it out as easy..
    Samsung S3

Default Re: going into recovery mode on start up

I cant do it LOOK MY PHONE GOT INTO Z4 ROOT AND EVERYTIME I RESET FATCORY AND REBOOT IT GOES BACK TOO RECOVERY MODE plz help me I GOT A SAMSUNG GALAXY PLAYER 3.6 IVE WAITED 10 WEEKS