Best free apps for the X???

vaporman1

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I am getting my new Droid X on Tuesday and want to ask you guys what you think the best free apps that are out there. I have the Itouch so I know a little about the apps but not for the X. Anything that people would recommend??

Thanks!

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
+1 for launcher pro. Then get the plus version. Best $3 I spent on an app.
Game- angry birds, unblock me free
Picture- quickpic, photoshop
Audio- winamp, ringdroid, iheartradio, pandora, slacker, partymix
Video- mvideoplayer, video trim
Phone app- launcher pro, z4 root (not in the market, google it), wireless tether for root phones, astro file browser
Map- google earth, google sky, poynt
Communication- tilk, gtalk, aim, facebook
Productivity- docs2go free, adobe pdf, passdroid, colornotes, barcode scanner

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ah forgot about handcent. I keep forgetting about that one app. I use it so much on a daily basis that I forget.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Jorte! is a calendar, task manager, and notes application all in one. It also has a plethora of widgets you can use (calendar, agenda, tasks, etc), and it can be synced to your Google calendar, or used standalone.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Jorte! is a calendar, task manager, and notes application all in one. It also has a plethora of widgets you can use (calendar, agenda, tasks, etc), and it can be synced to your Google calendar, or used standalone.

+1 for Jorte. My wife & I both use that calendar app synced up to the same Gmail account so we have our family calendar on both of our phones.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Compass...the one by catch.com. You can use it to mark a place you're at or drive by and then easily navigate back to that location later.
WeatherBug
AK Notepad
Aurora Search
CaledarPad
Google Sky Map
GPS Test
CarDar

You should also take a look at the Applications section of the forum. It's got a number of Best... and Top... There aren't really any special best apps for the X. All the apps work on all the droids.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
What does screebl do exactly? Says in the market that it keeps your screen on and saves battery life?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You can set your screen timeout setting to the minimum setting (ususally 15 seconds), so when you aren't holding the phone, the screen backlight will timeout sooner and save battery. However, these phones are hard to put down. :cool:

I like screebl because it prevents the screen from timing out when I'm reading a lengthy email, or reading something and not interacting with the screen.

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Oh that's pretty cool so if you not using it the screen turns off fast but stays on if you using it? Def going to check it out

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk