Glass Question

Dendrite

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi All:

I've had my DX for some time now and on day 1 had an Invisible Shield screen protector put on it.

The IS is now showing scratches, nicks and evidence of wear and tear. Sure, I could email Zagg and they'd send me out a new screen protector for the cost of shipping.

My question is, I'm thinking about just doing without a screen protector but am wondering how the Gorilla Glass on the DX has held up for those of you who have run your X screen "naked" for the past several months? I don't abuse my phone by any means and am worried that although I have been reasonably careful with my X, I have still managed to get multiple scratches in the Zagg. So perhaps my active outdoors lifestyle doesn't support an uncovered screen?

I guess what I'm wondering is, have you all found Gorilla Glass to be tougher than a screen protector such as the Zagg?

Thanks!

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Bought mine day one 7/15/10 never used any protectors on it, always have it in my pocket, on my desk, in my car cup holder etc, and there is not even the tiniest scratch ont he screen. Gorilla glass makes screen protectors totally useless it is amazing stuff, I almost want to try and scratch it lol.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I have an otterbox case, but no screen protector on it. I always keep my x in my pocket with whatever else may be in there & the screen is flawless.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi All:

I've had my DX for some time now and on day 1 had an Invisible Shield screen protector put on it.

The IS is now showing scratches, nicks and evidence of wear and tear. Sure, I could email Zagg and they'd send me out a new screen protector for the cost of shipping.

My question is, I'm thinking about just doing without a screen protector but am wondering how the Gorilla Glass on the DX has held up for those of you who have run your X screen "naked" for the past several months? I don't abuse my phone by any means and am worried that although I have been reasonably careful with my X, I have still managed to get multiple scratches in the Zagg. So perhaps my active outdoors lifestyle doesn't support an uncovered screen?

I guess what I'm wondering is, have you all found Gorilla Glass to be tougher than a screen protector such as the Zagg?

Thanks!

i had Invisible shields on my iphones, and i always ended up taking them off. never liked the feel. the IS is plastic, and its going to show more wear and tear than just normal glass anyway. i've been running mine naked since october and have not one scratch at all. i'm loving it!

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
+1 for no protector...
we have a few DXs here and i have yet to see any with a scratch on them.
our guys aren't gentle with them either.
every screen protector i have tried seemed to make the display look dull

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
There's no need for it. I've kept all of my touchscreen phones over the last three years in my pocket with change, keys...whatever. Never had one scratch to the screen.

Xush

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
That's nice that there are so many folks having success with the naked route, but I'm here to tell you that this stuff CAN scratch. I've babied my phone, been meticulously careful, won't put anything else in my pocket with it, have never dropped it. I've had it less than a month and it now has a very small scratch on the glass. I can't imagine how it got scratched, but I guess I'm going to put a protector on it now to avoid any more.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
That's nice that there are so many folks having success with the naked route, but I'm here to tell you that this stuff CAN scratch. I've babied my phone, been meticulously careful, won't put anything else in my pocket with it, have never dropped it. I've had it less than a month and it now has a very small scratch on the glass. I can't imagine how it got scratched, but I guess I'm going to put a protector on it now to avoid any more.

It's possible that a verizon rep put a screen protector on your phone when you bought it, and you don't know it's there. Try picking lightly at one of the corners with a pin.

mooserman

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I had a protecter for a couple months, but I got so sick of it I took it off. That was in September and since then no scratches. =)

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
There was a gentleman posting on the forums a while back (this one I think) who accidentally dropped his phone on concrete and shattered the screen. After he had the old screen he reported to have taken his set of keys to the broken screen and couldn't put a scratch in them whatsoever. That being said, the whole phone isn't made out of the stuff and cosmetically may still get blemished. I have an otterbox on my DX not because i'm worried about scratches but because I drop my phone like its a live grenade lol.

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

This is the same EXACT issue I have. I care for this thing as if its my own child and somehow I get 3 tiny scratch marks that are definitely visible on a white background.
I have no idea how this could have happened as I ALWAYS have it in an empty pocket.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a used DX that is scratched ALL OVER the screen ... So yes, it will scratch ..

Luckily, it has a stuck pixel in the display and the warranty replacement gets here on Monday ... A screen protector is going on immediately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv