Bye Nexus S..Hello Droid X

MRGQ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
So I finally made the switch to the Droid X after sometime with the Nexus S (had 30 days to try it). Why I made the switch?

Nexus S pros: FAST! Gingerbread love, curve design feels good in hand, 4 inch screen is awesome, GSM network and unlocked, reliable TMOBILE service

cons: Samsung design feels slippery and plastic feels cheap, camera isn't great (no zoom or HD recording, an update could fix this probably), Gingerbread doesn't bring HUGE changes, NO HSPA+, looks like just another Samsung Galaxy phone, Nexus One has better built quality.

The Nexus had great things going for it but my experience was that I was more impressed going from my iPhone 3GS to my iPhone 4 than going from my Nexus One to the Nexus S. I had many Phones and the S while it had great things, design wise, it felt cheap and the X doesn't disappoint here

I tried a Droid X since I like the big screen and I'm in love. I have gone thru 3 phones in less than 3 months. I'm very satisfied with the X. So happy in fact that I have rooted it already ( my first time, virginity gone):)

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Interesting... I was very curious about the nexus s. My girlfriend has the fascinate, guessing its the same experience minus gingerbread and Verizon.

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I was disappointed to see the Sammy Nexus myself. I thought it just looked a little 'meh.' I loved the N1. That said I think the X is way better than the S especially with some Liberty ROM love.

MRGQ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Honestly the X has been a far better device than the Nexus S. Don't wanna knock the Nexus as it's blazing fast but out of all Android devices I've owned so far (including the mighty EVO 4G which I had for several months and my Nexus One) my X has been the best. Even tho I hate the skin a bit it's growing on me now.

@Bond32 the Fascinate is a great phone, not worth switching from Fascinate to S unless your girlfriend is madly in love with Gingerbread

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Guess what I ment to say was that I like the fascinate she has. I have the x right now, but I was so impressed with her fascinate I thought about getting one for myself. As time progressed I saw the battery performance of the fascinate was so much less than the x.

Guess point being I thought the nexus s looked great minus only being tmobile. But now I am glad I kept my x.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish