creating folders, for games ect...?

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
noob question, how do i go about creating a folder for a group of apps. for example... if i want to make a folder for all my downloaded apps that are games? i know how to create a new folder in astro, but cant quite figure out how to put all my games in there...

i want an a single icon to click on that will bring up a window with all my games .... just to clean up a bit

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
All you need to do is long press on the screen. Select Folders. Then New Folder. Then open the folder. After that click on or long press the name at the top then name it what you want. After that you can just drag the game icon into it.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
trying to create a folder in astro, i guess its easier to long press on homescreen, lol.

ok so how do i change the icon of the folder to like a nintendo game controller or something like that?

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I have ADW Launcher EX. I just theme it but that can be tricky if you dont know what your doing.

As far as I know there isnt an easy way. Although I could be wrong, perhaps another awesome contributer can help you on that aspect.

Reactions: bear_lx

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
In ADW Launcher you can create a drawer where your gaming apps just show.
aefe5718-3b96-387b.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: bear_lx

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
i dont really want it in my drawer... i have seen on some peoples themes they have an icon of a game controller with all their games in it... i think i can do it with desktop visualizer...

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I have wanted a way to make folders in the app drawer but it isn't possible yet. Gingerbread?
There was an app that allowed you to group apps in an icon on your home screen or any other screen.
Unfortunately you can't find it in the market by searching for group.
If you go back and look at all the editors app picks before X-mass you may find it.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
+1 for Folder Organizer. You can select from a lot of different icons, here is an old screenshot of my Droid's screen.

122609.png

The Apps, Tools, Shop, Games, and Multimedia icons are all Folder Organizer folders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12