jonzey231@yahoo.com

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I was installing a JRummy rom on my DroidX and I downloaded the rom. I rebooted and reformatted my data, cache, and system and then I went to install zip from sd card and couldnt find it so i assumed it failed. Well now that ive reformatted everything my phone wont boot into anything and I can only boot into system recovery. From there I tried to just update from a stock/signed update.zip and i keep getting an error. I tried to sbf but my computer wont recognize it at all.

So now I'm sitting here with a droidx that wont boot past the Motorola logo.

I'm sure its probably an easy fix, I just cant wrap my mind around how to do it. Someone please give me a hand.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Put that SD card in you comp, make sure the file is named "update" and try again. You have nandroid backups I assume?

jonzey231@yahoo.com

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's not working still. The computer wont recognize it while its at the M or in the system recovery.

Any other suggestions?

I tried an update again and this is the entire error.

"Install from sdcard
Finding update package
Opening update package
Verifying update package
Installing update package
file_getprop: failed to stat "/system/build.prop
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted"

Last edited:

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Put that SD card in you comp, make sure the file is named "update" and try again. You have nandroid backups I assume?

Do you have a micro sd card to usb adapter? That's what Johnly meant, to put the card in your computer and change the file name, if needed, to update.zip

Make sure the file isn't named update.zip.zip

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
How did you dl it. In recovery go to install from zip. If you dl from net on your phone go to download folder and look for dx gummyjar. If you dl it from rom manager its in clockwork download droid2files. There was no need to rename it to anything.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it's not working still. The computer wont recognize it while its at the M or in the system recovery.

Any other suggestions?

I tried an update again and this is the entire error.

"Install from sdcard
Finding update package
Opening update package
Verifying update package
Installing update package
file_getprop: failed to stat "/system/build.prop
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted
"

Did you select "Allow update.zip" before selecting "Install update.zip"?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
When trying to run a sbf it needs to be in bootloader. Turn off phone. Hold power home and volume down till it shows bootloader. Hook to usb and open rsd.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jonzey231@yahoo.com

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes I know how to put the zip on my card guys thats not the issue. I've been flashing and modding for over a year, I've got that down.

xliderider: Yeah I'm using my adapter to put it on. And I don't see an option to "allow", just "apply sdcard:update.zip"

tntdroid: theyre talking about making sure my update.zip file is name correctly, not the rom I downloaded through rom manager.

johnly: It will sit at the logo until the battery dies.

jonzey231@yahoo.com

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Actually one more favor. I can't find a current sbf file anywhere. Someone want to give me a link, I'll keep looking in the meantime but I'll keep refreshing the tab to see if someone beats me to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca