Phone reboots twice

x96malicki

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Hello all:

I have a non-rooted X that seems to have developed an issue. About once an hour, it reboots itself twice. The first time, it goes right to the red eye. It will partially boot, but will never find any signal. Then it crashed again, but goes to the Motorola M. I cannot find a pattern of when it occurs. I have uninstalled any recently installed apps (Android Assistant was the only thing I put on). Is there any logging on these devices that could help pinpoint the problem?

Thanks
Matt

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Are you using wifi? I have seen devices with weak 3G signal cause issues with wpa2 settings on some routers, if so try disabling wifi and see if it helps.

x96malicki

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Are you using wifi? I have seen devices with weak 3G signal cause issues with wpa2 settings on some routers, if so try disabling wifi and see if it helps.

I think that might be the problem. I'm running some tests to doublecheck. Now, if that is the case, how does one fix it? I'd like to be able to use my wifi. Given the random nature of the problem, I wonder if it's hardware related.

Mooserman...I'm going to try to avoid the factory reset, but it is an option.

Thanks
Matt

x96malicki

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to both the recent suggestions. I am running LP. I guess removing that will be less painful than a factory reset, so I'll try that first.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys for some of the suggestions. My phone reboots on its own relatively regularly. I just haven't felt like doing a factory reset. I'll give some of the above suggestions a try.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I think that might be the problem. I'm running some tests to doublecheck. Now, if that is the case, how does one fix it? I'd like to be able to use my wifi. Given the random nature of the problem, I wonder if it's hardware related.

Mooserman...I'm going to try to avoid the factory reset, but it is an option.

Thanks
Matt

From the few cases I trouble shot I noticed that the issue seems to happen on some of the older wifi routers that doesn't support wireless N, I had some report that switching none N supported routers settings to broadcast on G instead of scanning mode. I havent been able to verify this as a guaranteed fix but it seem to help from reports.

x96malicki

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
From the few cases I trouble shot I noticed that the issue seems to happen on some of the older wifi routers that doesn't support wireless N, I had some report that switching none N supported routers settings to broadcast on G instead of scanning mode. I havent been able to verify this as a guaranteed fix but it seem to help from reports.

I'm leaning towards something like this being the problem. I only seem to have problems on my work network. Of course, I can't touch the routers / access points on that, so I think I might be out of luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary