Hey guys, I don't get the notification anymore when I get a new e-mail.
    My battery is set to performance mode and my gmail settings say to notify automatically, but I don't get the notifications anymore.
    When I open up the gmail app, I have to click settings and refresh just to get the new e-mails.
    Anyone know what's up?
    01-13-2011 07:47 PM
    Do you have 'Sync' enabled under 'Settings:Accounts:Gmail"?
    01-13-2011 08:30 PM
    I have a google account there (my gmail address). There's no option to click "sync", I can only click sync gmail when I have it open.

But I do have "email notifications" checked in the gmail app.
    01-13-2011 08:36 PM
    add the "power widget" to a home screen. make sure the arrows forming a circle icon is enabled. thats the sync icon. every once in a while my sync gets disabled for some reason
    bear_lx and heelsbigc#AC like this.
    01-14-2011 07:29 AM
    I have a google account there (my gmail address). There's no option to click "sync", I can only click sync gmail when I have it open.

Click on the account. It will open up the sync page.
    01-14-2011 09:21 AM
    powebar widget is an eay way to enable sync... mine is giving me an option to sync in my accounts either... but just like racinwarrior said, ad powerbar widget to homescreen and do it that way... nice tip!!!
    01-14-2011 10:40 AM

Menu>Settings>Accounts>Choose the email account you want and turn on sync for email.
    01-14-2011 10:55 AM
    Thanks guys, the power widget did it!
    01-14-2011 12:17 PM
    add the "power widget" to a home screen. make sure the arrows forming a circle icon is enabled. thats the sync icon. every once in a while my sync gets disabled for some reason
    THANK YOU! That finally worked!
    01-14-2011 08:38 PM
    Can someone clarify how the power widget helps this issues? I just got an S4 and the Gmail app notifies me with a quick vibration when I receive an email but that is all. It does not display unread messages the way the the email app does. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks!
    05-17-2013 01:41 PM
    Goto Gmail app-->settings-->select your account --> inbox sound and vibration --> make your decisions
    11-19-2013 10:48 AM
    Can someone clarify how the power widget helps this issues? I just got an S4 and the Gmail app notifies me with a quick vibration when I receive an email but that is all. It does not display unread messages the way the the email app does. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks!
    Goto Gmail app-->settings-->select your account --> inbox sound and vibration --> make your decisions
    11-19-2013 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD