Cant Uninstall Facebook

bgpasha

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Im running TranQ ROM and when I try to uninstall the facebook app I get "uninstall not successful" The app is not in my market downloads and I cant find the .apk through ASTRO, so the way Im trying to uninstall is holding it over the trashcan. The virsion of FB is 1.3 so I want to update. When I go to market and try to install FB for Android, it doesnt let me. So how do I get rid of the one I have. TIA!

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
its probably something thats baked into the rom. you should be able to use root explorer to remove it, and then you should be able to d/l the market version. kinda weird though; other roms i have used you are at least able to update stuff like the FB app even if its pre-installed on the rom

bgpasha

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
How do I uninstall with root explorer. Where do I look for FB.

And yea I did go from Apex to TranQ and had that same fb app

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
havent used tranq myself, but you should be able to find it under system>app, then hit the mount r/w button up top, find the FB app, long press, and delete. then make sure to mount r/o before exiting root explorer.

bgpasha

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I was able to delete through root explorer, but now when I try to install the one from the market its not installing