documents to go preminum or office suite pro

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Im looking for a way to edit my work files just wanted to get users opinion on which one they like better. Quickoffice cannot open the files I have but the other two can. Also if I save the file to. Xls, it opens in quick office but doesn't display correctly and looks messed up.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The one thing I don't like from the reviews is the check verification thing so useless for when I'm on the plane. OfficeSuites Pro looks good and the trial was good but I did not that it did not have the ability to clear everything in a multiselect environment unless I hit cut. No biggie but sucks. I also like the way it shows the comments for the cells on office suite. Not sure if the premium version of docs2go does that.

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I did some testing.

I can view, edit, and create comments. It puts a little red dot in the corner of the cell if a comment exists.

I put phone into airplane mode and had no problems creating or editing docs. I was able to open docs previously opened in email (touchdown) or saved on phone.

I've never used the other app but figured I would update with what I could check. I'm not making a case for either.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cb05stang

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
DoctoGo.
Easy to use & transfer files as well as edit. Never had a problem transferring my files from windows to my phone or vise versa.
Editing is easy enough just by hitting the menu button. Or long press on files to delete. It has multi select. Don't use comments on my files so I'm not sure what you mean there. It does cover MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.

Last edited:

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Been using the trial for officesuites and so far I like it and no issues with any of my documents. I wish docstogo had a limited time trial so I can try out and not a basic version. Im happy with office suites so far.

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the Office suite pro trial and been using. They seem pretty close so far.

I could see using either. They both work with google docs which is also nice. Ill keep testing and see if I notice any major stuff.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Im just not sure if you can view the comments in the cells for excel documents in docs2go. I know in office suites you just select the cell and a pop up appears with the comments.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Im just not sure if you can view the comments in the cells for excel documents in docs2go. I know in office suites you just select the cell and a pop up appears with the comments.

I just viewed a comment in a Word document with Doc2Go by double tapping on it. I'm sure Excel is probably the same.

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I've already said you can view, edit, and create cell comments in docs to go.

I don't see how to do this in officesuite though. Still looking.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So I am looking to get a full version of an office app on the DINC.
I have the free version of quick office, but the full version doesn't have cut and paste.
I have used docs to go in the past and it's ok.

I really just need a document editor and the ability to enter timesheet info into spreadsheets.

At work we use open office in lieu of MS Office.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You can try OfficeSuites, they have a free full version trial. One reason I like Office Suites to let me know what it has to offer. 30 days is better then 15 minutes.

Reactions: tony bag o donuts

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I've been using them both (officesuite and docs to go) and they are pretty similar. Both are good.

Both apps are more than a notepad. Most of the options are in menus so as to save screen space.

I don't think either have a dropbox option for sending our receiving but this doesn't stop you from using dropbox ... Just an extra step. We should request this.

Personally, I like docs to go ... Mostly for subjective reasons. I like the intro interface better. Seems to play nicer with google docs. I also like the way it displays text better ... And it appears faster when opening menus or during transitions. Again ... Mostly subjective

blastncast

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Could someone explain to me why google docs doesn't have an app in the market place to have direct access to Google docs? Am I missing something?
Seems to me that with a google phone I should be able to use google docs and not a third party such as docs2 go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad