Camera App Replacement

Skatedawg

ROM Abuser
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
While I have heard of a few camera app replacements in the past, I completely forgot the names and which one is the favorite out right now. Just wondering what everyone recommends for the DroidX. Main features id like are *completely* silent and faster performance and no shutter animation/sound. Im rooted and I know I could just rename the audio files (which I did for the shutter but I don't want to rename multiple files like the focus sound and such. Any help is appreciated thanks.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
+1 vignette
it's silent and has some great features...but i think it's overall slower than the stock DX camera.

personally, i like the DX (blur) camera even above the AOSP camera and after i instaled rubiX it's the only blur feature I added back in.

PsychicRefugee

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
+1 vignette
it's silent and has some great features...but i think it's overall slower than the stock DX camera.

personally, i like the DX (blur) camera even above the AOSP camera and after i instaled rubiX it's the only blur feature I added back in.

That's why it never became my daily camera, bought it and everything, but its too slow and I'm usually trying to get a picture quickly and not trying to get a really good shot that I have time to line up. Technically I could just throw these images into photoshop and get the same effects, but that's even more work. If it was quicker, I'd uninstall the blur camera in a heartbeat.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Used Vignette with 2.1 because the camera function was very poor. When 2.2 came out, the camera was considerably upgraded and I found the native camera app produced a better quality than Vignette. So, I guess it's all what you are looking for. I don't mind the camera sound (it IS a bit loud) because then I know when the photo is actually taken.

PS - the native video is spectacular! I took a natural light video in a dark bar situation, got perfect exposure and clear, sharp pictures complete with the ambient sound. Couldn't have been better, as far as I was concerned.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams