Push data notification delay

tshudyb

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way I can get my push data to work better? The push data and notifications on my Droid X 2.2 seem so delayed. Sometimes I won't get email notifications over a period of several hours and then I will finally get a notification telling me that I have like 172 new emails. I used to have a BlackBerry and the push data was almost instant; much of the time I would even get emails on my BlackBerry before I would even get them in my inbox on my computer.:-\

I have data push enabled and my Battery mode is set to Performance mode.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I have found that the push data is a bit slowed from time to time especially with facebook notifications. However, my g-mail and my exchange is still pretty instant.

There are some apps out there that might provide a faster delivery.

SEVEN - Fast Push Email

AppBrain - Touchdown Exchange for 2.x

AppBrain - K-9 Mail

K-9 I believe is the most popular and SEVEN is the least known. Touchdown works great and is right in the middle. Try one of those and see if that improves the speed for you.

tshudyb

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I have found that the push data is a bit slowed from time to time especially with facebook notifications. However, my g-mail and my exchange is still pretty instant.

There are some apps out there that might provide a faster delivery.

SEVEN - Fast Push Email

AppBrain - Touchdown Exchange for 2.x

AppBrain - K-9 Mail

K-9 I believe is the most popular and SEVEN is the least known. Touchdown works great and is right in the middle. Try one of those and see if that improves the speed for you.

I am going to check out the K-9 mail now, thanks for the help!

tshudyb

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
You bet. Let us know :)

I am trying to use K-9 but I am having an issue where it shows a "null" email account and I am also having trouble adding some of my email addresses because they have to be done manually.

I have tried sending 2 test emails from two different email accounts, results: I received one in the stock email and none in K-9 Mail so far.

Pieface

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You will have to set the stock email notifications to off. Or remove your yahoo and everything else except for gmail. Then just add them in k-9. this stuff is a hug pain in the rearz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs