1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

Default Check your "My Verizon" contacts

If you are experiencing problems with your X's contacts, particularly multiple "links" that refer to a "phone" contact ... go online into your My Verizon Account > email > contacts. Clear all the contacts, unless you are actually using this for your backup.

Gmail/Google keeps and syncs a current list of your contacts from your X. The My Vz list is a multiple duplicate with old info, deleted contacts, etc. residing right there to be linked to your Gmail/Google list.

This would be most helpful for those who aren't operating on a Google/Android system. But there is a tremendous conflict between Google and Vz for your base of information. "My Vz" has recently become yet another Gmail-type website where all information is backed up/stored.... and conflicted.

Just saying' ...
    Always learning ...
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

And a PS ...

I thought I had eliminated this problem a while back with a Factory Data Reset and NOT activating the Vz AutoBackup app.

Not so.

When I checked my MyVz contacts today, there they were and then some -- more than 500 when I actually have something like around 300+ contacts!! Deleted them all on MyVz and re-synced my Gmail contacts, which still were all there, just as they were supposed to be.

This is a real issue with MyVz and can cause major problems for Android users. Don't know the solution, other than keeping vigilant.
    Always learning ...

Thanks for the tip, but their website seems to be down ATM.
    a little obsessive...