If you are experiencing problems with your X's contacts, particularly multiple "links" that refer to a "phone" contact ... go online into your My Verizon Account > email > contacts. Clear all the contacts, unless you are actually using this for your backup.

Gmail/Google keeps and syncs a current list of your contacts from your X. The My Vz list is a multiple duplicate with old info, deleted contacts, etc. residing right there to be linked to your Gmail/Google list.

This would be most helpful for those who aren't operating on a Google/Android system. But there is a tremendous conflict between Google and Vz for your base of information. "My Vz" has recently become yet another Gmail-type website where all information is backed up/stored.... and conflicted.

Just saying' ...
    01-19-2011 11:41 PM
    And a PS ...

I thought I had eliminated this problem a while back with a Factory Data Reset and NOT activating the Vz AutoBackup app.

Not so.

When I checked my MyVz contacts today, there they were and then some -- more than 500 when I actually have something like around 300+ contacts!! Deleted them all on MyVz and re-synced my Gmail contacts, which still were all there, just as they were supposed to be.

This is a real issue with MyVz and can cause major problems for Android users. Don't know the solution, other than keeping vigilant.
    01-19-2011 11:47 PM
    Thanks for the tip, but their website seems to be down ATM.
    01-20-2011 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD